Client configures network-connection to static ip but does not assignan ip

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rothrs.google@uomc.de, Feb 14, 2010.

  1. Guest

    Hi there,
    I don't know if I am right here but I'll ask anyway.

    To get external access to the university's intranet my university
    offers the cisco vpn-client.
    I can login, a connection is established but I cannot access the
    intranet. Looking through the connection settings I noticed, that
    cisco configured the LAN connection's IPv4-settings to a static IP
    without assigning an actual IP. Anyhow, an IP for two DNS servers is
    assigned.

    For a while now I used this little workaround:
    - Starting and connecting with the Cisco VPN client
    - Opening the settings of the connection and reconfiguring it to
    dynamic IPs
    - Disconnecting the VPN connection
    - Reconnecting
    - IPs are assigned via DHCP
    - Accessing the intranet.

    For some reason this does not work anymore, when reconnecting cisco
    assigns the above stated settings to my connection.

    Does somebody know how to solve this problem and/or know where the
    problem may be?

    Thanks in advance
    Marian Ritter

    Software:
    Windows 7 Professional with all updates (but no update in the last 2
    months seemed to be related to this problem)
    Cisco VPN Client V. 5.0.03.0530
    No additional network manager installed.
    , Feb 14, 2010