    files in this shared folder and not all?

    Thanks

    , Jun 28, 2006

  2. Hi

    I really want to help, but I can not since your info is not focused enough.

    1. Linksys is a name of a company that sells Network Hardware. They might
    run a company Network and might call it The Linksys Network, I fail to see
    what you mean when stating that you are running Linksys Network.

    You are probably running Windows based Ethernet peer to peer Network

    2. When running peer to peer Network there is No server and client there two
    computer that are connected together, and thus files sharing as to be
    configured accordingly.

    3. What application are you running to see the files, and which computer
    execute the files?
    4. What kind of files are missing from the list (may be they are hidden or
    System files)?
    5. What the Aspect of Wireless in your question is?
    May be this can Help.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    to be shared.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 28, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    >I set up a linksys network between 2 computers using a cross cable. The
    > server is Win XP and the client is Win 2000. The folder I'm sharing on
    > the Win XP is set for read and write along with the sub-folders. When I
    > run the application within this folder from the client, I only see a
    > few of the files and am getting a message "filename not found", but
    > that file is in the folder. Why would I be able to view some of the
    > files in this shared folder and not all?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try looking, from the client, at the properties for that networked folder.
    You may have files hidden on the network but not locally.

    It is also possible to have a shared folder or file on a network and not
    allow it to be seen by certain users. Has this file been put there by
    someone who has done that?

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 28, 2006
  4. Guest

    Thanks. I believe that the links you provided may help (will not have
    time to work on this today). I suspect it may be the firewall or
    antivirus software.

    Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I really want to help, but I can not since your info is not focused enough.
    >
    > 1. Linksys is a name of a company that sells Network Hardware. They might
    > run a company Network and might call it The Linksys Network, I fail to see
    > what you mean when stating that you are running Linksys Network.
    >
    > You are probably running Windows based Ethernet peer to peer Network
    >
    > 2. When running peer to peer Network there is No server and client there two
    > computer that are connected together, and thus files sharing as to be
    > configured accordingly.
    >
    > 3. What application are you running to see the files, and which computer
    > execute the files?
    > 4. What kind of files are missing from the list (may be they are hidden or
    > System files)?
    > 5. What the Aspect of Wireless in your question is?
    > May be this can Help.

    > http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    >
    > As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what is allowed
    > to be shared.

    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >I set up a linksys network between 2 computers using a cross cable. The
    > > server is Win XP and the client is Win 2000. The folder I'm sharing on
    > > the Win XP is set for read and write along with the sub-folders. When I
    > > run the application within this folder from the client, I only see a
    > > few of the files and am getting a message "filename not found", but
    > > that file is in the folder. Why would I be able to view some of the
    > > files in this shared folder and not all?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    , Jun 28, 2006