CLID problem with VOIP FXO port

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter Watson, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. Peter Watson

    Peter Watson Guest

    I've got a Bulldog POTS line with CLI enabled and a couple of phones
    with (working) CLI displays (C&W 2000 and Panasonic DECT)

    Recently I've being trying VOIP and plugged the phone line into a Sipura
    SPA-3000 FXO port. The SPA-3000 is then configured to pass incoming
    calls to an Asterisk server and I've moved the DECT phone basestation to
    the FXS port (configured as an extension on Asterisk) of the Sipura.
    The Sipura correctly detects incoming numbers from the CLI and passes
    this to Asterisk and displays OK on the DECT handset.

    My limited understanding of CLI is that it is capable of passing both
    name and number but that BT (and presumably Bulldog) don't make use of
    the name field, except to pass Withheld, International etc. Presumably
    the number field is then blank in these instances?

    The problem I have is that the Sipura doesn't pass any CLI information
    for Withheld or Number Unavailable calls but the C&W 2000 (still plugged
    into the POTS line directly) displays this correctly. Is this normal or
    is there a way of configuring the SPA-3000 to pass this info?

    [Of interest to uk.telecom.voip only] I did have the FXS and FXS ports
    of the Sipura setup as the same user (201) in Asterisk but this meant
    that when the Sipura doesn't pass any CLI data at all, Asterisk sends
    the 'name' of the extension 201 instead. I've got round this by setting
    the PSTN port to be user 202 and setting up extension 202 and called it
    'anonymous'. This means that all incoming calls that don't have a
    number come up as 'Private Caller' on my Panasonic DECT phones.

    Thanks for any info,

    Peter
    Peter Watson, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Peter Watson

    NoNeedToKnow Guest

    On 17 Mar 2006, Peter Watson <> wrote:

    >[Of interest to uk.telecom.voip only]

    Probably sums up the whole post, not just the last half.
    I'd expect all keen VoIP users to watch u.t.v
    NoNeedToKnow, Mar 18, 2006