    incoming numbers.

    Many regards,
    Ivana
    Ivana, Sep 24, 2004

  2. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:16:35 +0200, "Ivana" <> wrote:

    ~ Hello,
    ~
    ~ Is it possible that WIC-2AM modems have caller ID? Analog lines attached to
    ~ modems already have CLID supplied from telecom side, but still I don't see
    ~ incoming numbers.
    ~
    ~ Many regards,
    ~ Ivana
    ~

    Nope, there is no support for CLID in any of our analog modem products.

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Ivana

    Ivana Guest

    So solution would be to take WIC-2AS with external modems that support CLID?
    The reason why I want CLID is to see in syslog which user and when is
    connected on analog lines, like I see that for ISDN users.

    Regards,
    Ivana

    Ivana, Sep 27, 2004
  4. Ivana

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <cj8l7a$d8o$>,
    says...
    > So solution would be to take WIC-2AS with external modems that support CLID?
    > The reason why I want CLID is to see in syslog which user and when is
    > connected on analog lines, like I see that for ISDN users.

    Ivana,

    IMHO it's not a good idea to check logged users like that especially if
    user can change their current location. That makes such information
    (CLID) useless. Sometimes you don't even get CLID even if enabled.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Sep 27, 2004
  5. Even if you were to hang external CLID-aware modems on async lines,
    we don't have any protocol by which we could learn the CLID from
    the external modems.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ So solution would be to take WIC-2AS with external modems that support CLID?
    ~ The reason why I want CLID is to see in syslog which user and when is
    ~ connected on analog lines, like I see that for ISDN users.
    ~
    ~ Regards,
    ~ Ivana
    ~
    ~
    ~ "Aaron Leonard" <> wrote in message
    ~ news:...
    ~ > On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:16:35 +0200, "Ivana"
    ~ <> wrote:
    ~ >
    ~ > ~ Hello,
    ~ > ~
    Aaron Leonard, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Ivana

    Ivana Guest

    Then what is yours suggestion, how can I get monthly report of users
    connections? So far we have syslog server in which connected user is not
    visible by his username.

    Ivana

    Ivana, Sep 30, 2004
  7. Ivana

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <cjhnrq$36b$>,
    says...
    > Then what is yours suggestion, how can I get monthly report of users
    > connections? So far we have syslog server in which connected user is not
    > visible by his username.

    The real solution of this problem is radius server where you have
    accounting turned on. It will save when user logged, how long was he
    connected and many more informations. That's the way it supposed to be
    done and it really works.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Oct 1, 2004
  8. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:53:07 +0200, Ivan Ostreš <> wrote:

    ~ In article <cjhnrq$36b$>,
    ~ says...
    ~ > Then what is yours suggestion, how can I get monthly report of users
    ~ > connections? So far we have syslog server in which connected user is not
    ~ > visible by his username.
    ~ >
    ~ >
    ~
    ~ The real solution of this problem is radius server where you have
    ~ accounting turned on. It will save when user logged, how long was he
    ~ connected and many more informations. That's the way it supposed to be
    ~ done and it really works.

    If you want to stick with syslog, you should be able to configure
    "modem call-record terse" and this would send a syslog message
    which should include authenticated username.

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Oct 1, 2004