    He thinks it is could be his hard drive. Is this true and is it fatal?
    Thanks
    Michael

    cheekycharlie, Dec 25, 2003

  2. cheekycharlie wrote:

    > Merry Christmas.
    > A friend of mine is running Win XP, but when his coputer is running he hears
    > a clicking sound.
    > He thinks it is could be his hard drive. Is this true and is it fatal?

    It's probably just the HD accessing data. I don't hear that, any more,
    because I have a loud (4.5"/120cm fan on my case side), but I presume
    HDs still make the little blipblip sounds with head movement.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    The Boulder Pledge http://blinkynet.net/spag/boulder.html

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 25, 2003

  3. cheekycharlie

    SgtMinor Guest

    cheekycharlie wrote:

    > Hi
    > Merry Christmas.
    > A friend of mine is running Win XP, but when his coputer is running he hears
    > a clicking sound.
    > He thinks it is could be his hard drive. Is this true and is it fatal?
    > Thanks
    > Michael

    Yes, it is true that your friend believes this. Not fatal, but I could
    be wrong.

    SgtMinor, Dec 26, 2003