Clicking links gets me "stopped" message

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Jim Beaver, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    I've been very happy with Firefox since I switched over from IE several
    months ago, but I keep having a recurrent problem. Every so often,
    sometimes as much as ten or twenty times in a 24-hour period, I'll click on
    a link or hit my Back button, and I'll get a "Stopped" note in the bottom
    left-hand corner of the window. Sometimes clicking Refresh will complete
    the change to the new page, sometimes it won't. The one thing that always
    works is time -- but usually a minute or two. Sometimes all the open tabs
    will suffer the same stoppage at the same time, i.e., if one tab gives me
    the "Stopped" note when trying to change pages, trying to change pages on
    other open tabs will get the "Stopped" note, too. But sometimes it only
    seems to happen on one of the open tabs, while others operate fine.

    I should mention that I use Firefox on my laptop, too, and use the same ISP,
    yet I've never had this problem on my laptop.

    I've done all the normal stuff like cleaning out temporary internet files,
    etc., yet none of it seems to effect the problem. I should also mention
    that sometimes I go days without encountering the problem, and then it will
    happen every five minutes for a couple of days.

    Anyone else ever run into this? Anyone ever figure out how to fix it?

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Jun 5, 2007