    poked around and can't find it. Any one?
    --
    Penny

    Penny, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Penny wrote:

    > All of a sudden

    What did you do just before "sudden" ? [1]

    > clickable links are no longer working in e-mails. In Windows 98 I
    > could do a repair to Explorer or Outlook Express, but I can't find
    > that option in XP. Links still work on web pages, the problem is
    > limited to OE. I've purged my temp files In Explorer and compacted
    > my folders in OE.

    Finally got around to Windows Update, didn't you? Mr. Gates thinks he
    knows better than you and (once again) changed your options without
    asking you.

    > I have to forward the e-mail so that I can c/p the web address, such a
    > pain.

    Why couldn't you just copy and paste the link itself from the email to
    your browser? No need to forward the email anywhere.

    > There must be a simple solution to this, but I've poked around and
    > can't find it. Any one?

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cant+click+on+links+in+outlook+express>

    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,620,000 for cant click on links in outlook
    express. (0.45 seconds)

    [1. I love questions that begin with "all of a sudden" ... <g>]

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 1, 2006

  3. Penny

    Penny Guest

    > Penny wrote:
    >
    >> All of a sudden

    > What did you do just before "sudden" ? [1]

    Lordy, I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. I have no
    idea what I was doing before it changed.

    >> clickable links are no longer working in e-mails. In Windows 98 I
    >> could do a repair to Explorer or Outlook Express, but I can't find
    >> that option in XP. Links still work on web pages, the problem is
    >> limited to OE. I've purged my temp files In Explorer and compacted
    >> my folders in OE.

    > Finally got around to Windows Update, didn't you? Mr. Gates thinks he
    > knows better than you and (once again) changed your options without
    > asking you.

    This could very well be the case, I have my Updates install automatically.
    (I live on the wild side!) :)

    >> I have to forward the e-mail so that I can c/p the web address, such a
    >> pain.

    > Why couldn't you just copy and paste the link itself from the email to
    > your browser? No need to forward the email anywhere.

    Some links will copy from the original email, but most that I get will not
    change the cursor to the"I" to allow me to copy. However your link below
    did, most of mine seem to have the little white hand with the extended
    digit, which looks like it wants to click but will not.

    >> There must be a simple solution to this, but I've poked around and
    >> can't find it. Any one?

    > <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cant+click+on+links+in+outlook+express>
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 1,620,000 for cant click on links in outlook
    > express. (0.45 seconds)

    Preparing to check out your link and will report back with my success, or
    lack thereof.

    > [1. I love questions that begin with "all of a sudden" ... <g>]
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Thanks so much for your speedy reply and help suggestions.

    Regards,

    Penny

    Penny, Aug 1, 2006
  4. Penny wrote:
    > All of a sudden clickable links are no longer working in e-mails. In
    > Windows 98 I could do a repair to Explorer or Outlook Express, but I
    > can't find that option in XP. Links still work on web pages, the
    > problem is limited to OE. I've purged my temp files In Explorer and
    > compacted my folders in OE. I have to forward the e-mail so that I
    > can c/p the web address, such a pain. There must be a simple
    > solution to this, but I've poked around and can't find it. Any one?

    Penny it's simple. However, I must warn you doing this will open you up to
    all sorts of attacks on your system. More than you get already. So make
    sure you have a good Virus Scanner before you do so, and keep the
    definitions up-to-date. (and the Mac and Linux users are all salivating to
    attack those last comments.)

    Switching to a different e-mail program/newsreader would be a wise thing to
    do. Mozilla Thunderbird and Eudora are good. There are less attacks on
    them because OE and IE are easy targets. Afterall, they are the most
    popular, but only because they come preinstalled on most Windows systems.

    Go to Tools then Options then the security tab. uncheck the box next to
    "Block Images and other external content in HTML mail." After that set your
    internet explorer security zone to "Internet Zone" instead of "Restricted
    Zone." Make sure you click Apply at the bottom of the window, then you can
    close the options menu. Close OE and reopen it again, You should be able
    to click on links and see HTML content.

    --
    Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I
    actually receive my mail there. Scott Adams (1957 - )

    Randall Smith, Aug 1, 2006