Click on Icon & It Opens Prog With Note Pad

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chris, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    Must have gotten a flu from the Net, @ first I was trying to open Media
    Player from a short cut on my desktop. Noticed everytime I tried a little
    icon popped up by my clock I could not click on it but placing the mouse
    over it says -100 then it goes away after about 5 sec...So I went into the
    properties of the shortcut & had it open with Notepad just to see what would
    happen. Now all of my shortcuts & most prog open with notepad. Even when I
    go into my programs & select word it open in Notepad. When the computer
    comes up the programs that load on the systray are coming up in notepad just
    with wording that you can't understand. I can use the PC as far as
    connecting to the internet I can click on IE from my desktop & my computer.
    It just seems like its happening to certain programs.. I can close the
    notepad windows when windows loads but can't seem to resolve this issue & I
    don't have restore running...It seems mostly to be .exe files but I can
    launch IE from the desktop.. Switched users & everything is fine with other
    account..How can I repair mine so I don't have to delete it

    HELP !

    chris, Apr 3, 2004

  2. chris

    °Mike° Guest

    You asked this very same question 8 hours ago. Why
    do you find it necessary to start a new thread about
    the very same subject?

    On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:03:25 GMT, in
    <hdubc.45567$>
    chris scrawled: