    annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
    working) & how can I cure it.

    Andy.

    Andy Morrison, Dec 18, 2007

  2. Andy Morrison

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:25:45 -0000, "Andy Morrison"
    <> wrote:

    >My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
    >annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
    >working) & how can I cure it.

    Does it sound like the clicking is coming from the hard drive or
    something / somewhere else?

    Can you still use the computer when it does this?

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Andy Morrison

    Rôgêr Guest

    Andy Morrison wrote:
    > My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
    > annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
    > working) & how can I cure it.

    Frequently a hard drive going tits up does that.

    Rôgêr, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Andy Morrison

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:52:18 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Andy Morrison wrote:
    >> My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
    >> annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
    >> working) & how can I cure it.

    >Frequently a hard drive going tits up does that.

    tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
    como.

    Lookout, Dec 18, 2007
  5. Andy Morrison

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:36:11 -0600, Lookout <>
    wrote:

    >tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
    >como.

    Somehow a billing call came to me (people will manage to hit random
    extension numbers..) I ask the guy for his username, and I'm used to
    the oddball usernames, and then these people using their own phonetic
    alphabet.. "Uhh that's B as in .. umm... bingo.. F as in .... Fame"
    (heck, it's almost harder to understand their phonetics - side note,
    I'd try to clue them in, like "Is that F as in Foxtrot or S as in
    Sierra?" and they'll say "Fame" again , and I still can't understand
    if they said Fame or Same.) So.. this guy tells me his username, then
    "Phonetically - " and spells it out using military phonetics. After he
    finishes, I'm like "Spend some time in the military?" and he laughs
    and sarcastically says "How'd you know?"

    Evan Platt, Dec 18, 2007
  6. Andy Morrison

    Guest

    , Dec 18, 2007
  7. Andy Morrison

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:36:11 -0600, Lookout <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> tango uniform...only the old military guys know that one...usually
    >> como.

    > Somehow a billing call came to me (people will manage to hit random
    > extension numbers..) I ask the guy for his username, and I'm used to
    > the oddball usernames, and then these people using their own phonetic
    > alphabet.. "Uhh that's B as in .. umm... bingo.. F as in .... Fame"
    > (heck, it's almost harder to understand their phonetics - side note,
    > I'd try to clue them in, like "Is that F as in Foxtrot or S as in
    > Sierra?" and they'll say "Fame" again , and I still can't understand
    > if they said Fame or Same.) So.. this guy tells me his username, then
    > "Phonetically - " and spells it out using military phonetics. After he
    > finishes, I'm like "Spend some time in the military?" and he laughs
    > and sarcastically says "How'd you know?"

    My favourite:

    'N' for gnome

    As seen in

    http://www.absolutelyandy.com/absolutely/videoclips/index_rm.htm

    Calum Gilhooley - Booking a flight to New York.

    Desk Rabbit, Dec 18, 2007
  8. Andy Morrison

    Plato Guest

    Andy Morrison wrote:

    > My new vista pc sits & clicks for ages at times, which becomes very
    > annoying, sounds like a teleprinter. What causes this (cpu or hard drive
    > working) & how can I cure it.

    Sounds like a hard drive going bad.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/