    Anyone know if Clevo brand laptops are any good just saw accent are selling
    them and the prices seem good but dont know what they perform like and
    reliabilty etc...
    v3, Sep 12, 2003

  2. v3

    -=rjh=- Guest

    v3 wrote:

    > Anyone know if Clevo brand laptops are any good just saw accent are
    > selling them and the prices seem good but dont know what they perform like
    > and reliabilty etc...

    See earlier comments about Starnote D470W in this group - AFAIK they are
    made by clevo.

    Clevo usually make the bare system, which are subsequently fitted with
    processors, ram, drives, etc and sold under other names. they have just
    recently started selling their systems under their own name. I think
    AlienWare gaming desknotes are clevo, as are Starnote and others - do a
    search on the model name and you'll pick up other names and reviews.

    Dunno if they are any good though :)
    -=rjh=-, Sep 12, 2003

  3. v3

    Robert Guest

    I would place more importance on the length of warranty and servicing.
    Do they service at your place, do you have to send it to them or worse still
    do they have to return it to Taiwan for repair. Do they hold parts in stock
    in the country or do they order parts in from overseas when something fails?
    I have used Toshiba, HP and Dell laptops over recent years and had the
    longest wait for my HP parts.
    Dell do offer as an extra 'total cover' that will even cover a dropped
    laptop or a coffee spill.

    Robert, Sep 13, 2003