Clevo 802.11b and AP1200

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martyn Reid, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. Martyn Reid

    Martyn Reid Guest

    Hi

    We have a user with a Clevo laptop with a built in 802.11b module.

    The user can successfully associate with our Cisco AP1200s where they
    only have the 802.11b wireless modules installed. Where the units support
    both 802.11b/g then the user sees a symbol of a network in their client
    tool but no SSID is displayed and they can't associate. All the APs are
    set up the same as open units broadcasting their SSIDs. We have the
    latest drivers from the Clevo website. If I take another 802.11b card -
    I've tried an Orinoco Gold Card and that works fine.

    The AP1200s with just 802.11b support are running 12.2(15)JA and those
    running modules supporting both 802.11b/g are on 12.2(13)JA4.

    Any ideas on settings at either end to help or is it a case of compliance
    and it being an older chipset supporting an older standard.

    Thanks for your help

    Martyn
    Martyn Reid, Jan 24, 2005

  2. In order to ensure that your 11b clients can associate
    with your 11g AP, be sure that the AP radio does not
    have any OFDM (6/9/12/...) rates set as mandator ("basic").
    (Same might apply to the previous posting as well.)

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi
    ~