    Q: What's purple and commutes?
    A: An Abelian grape.
    Shane, May 19, 2007

  2. Shane

    BTMO Guest

    "Shane" <> wrote

    > Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects
    > posting
    > to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's post (which
    > cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts coming in from
    > Clears NNTP server.
    > So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?
    > (And how do I figure it out)

    I post via clear...
    BTMO, May 19, 2007

  3. Shane

    Shane Guest

    BTMO wrote:

    > "Shane" <> wrote
    >
    >> Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects
    >> posting
    >> to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's post (which
    >> cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts coming in from
    >> Clears NNTP server.
    >> So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?
    >> (And how do I figure it out)

    > I post via clear...

    hmm well that burns my theory
    I certainly do not have collectornz in my killfile.
    I havent seen thing either in some time.

    --
    Q: Who knows everything there is to be known about vector analysis?
    A: The Oracle of del phi!
    Shane, May 19, 2007
  4. Shane

    El Chippy Guest

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:49:32 +1200, Shane wrote:

    > Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects posting
    > to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's post (which I
    > cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts coming in from
    > Clears NNTP server.
    > So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?
    > (And how do I figure it out)

    likewise, i didn't see CollectorNZs post either. maybe it didn't get
    propogated because of the binary in a none-binary group?

    I'm with Xnet.

    --
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who would want to live in an institution.
    -- H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    El Chippy, May 19, 2007
  5. Shane

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:57:47 +1200, "BTMO" <>
    wrote:

    >"Shane" <> wrote
    >
    >> Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects
    >> posting
    >> to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's post (which
    >> cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts coming in from
    >> Clears NNTP server.
    >> So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?
    >> (And how do I figure it out)

    >I post via clear...

    Me too, although it's a Paradise account.
    --

    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand
    Brian Dooley, May 19, 2007
  6. Shane

    Matty F Guest

    On May 19, 5:49 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    > Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects posting
    > to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's post (which I
    > cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts coming in from
    > Clears NNTP server.
    > So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?

    I think that ihug and Google reject posts that are not plain text,
    such as some of CollectorNZ's posts.
    Matty F, May 21, 2007
  7. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Matty F wrote:

    > On May 19, 5:49 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    >> Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects
    >> posting to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's
    >> post (which I cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts
    >> coming in from Clears NNTP server.
    >> So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?

    > I think that ihug and Google reject posts that are not plain text,
    > such as some of CollectorNZ's posts.

    I am thinking you are half right. iHug (at least) seem to be rejecting
    binary posts.

    --
    Q: What is the difference between a mathematician and a philosopher?
    A: The mathematician only needs paper, pencil, and a trash bin for his
    Shane, May 21, 2007
  8. Shane

    Matty F Guest

    On May 22, 6:55 am, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    > Matty F wrote:
    > > On May 19, 5:49 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    > >> Ive been wondering why there have been less than the usual suspects
    > >> posting to the nz.* groups, and seeing someone reply to CollectorNZ's
    > >> post (which I cannot see) has made me realise I cannot see any posts
    > >> coming in from Clears NNTP server.
    > >> So. Is it just iHugs server, Clears server, or someone elses?

    > > I think that ihug and Google reject posts that are not plain text,
    > > such as some of CollectorNZ's posts.

    > I am thinking you are half right. iHug (at least) seem to be rejecting
    > binary posts.

    I post and read Usenet using Google (because xtra have chucked their
    newsgroup servers). CollectorNZ's posts containing binary are notable
    for their absence in the Google archive. All I can see is the abuse
    he's been getting about it.
    Matty F, May 21, 2007
  9. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Matty F wrote:

    > On May 22, 6:55 am, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    >> Matty F wrote:

    >> > I think that ihug and Google reject posts that are not plain text,
    >> > such as some of CollectorNZ's posts.

    >> I am thinking you are half right. iHug (at least) seem to be rejecting
    >> binary posts.

    > I post and read Usenet using Google (because xtra have chucked their
    > newsgroup servers). CollectorNZ's posts containing binary are notable
    > for their absence in the Google archive. All I can see is the abuse
    > he's been getting about it.

    yes.. but you originally said html was the cause
    However I think binary is the cause, therefore only half a mark

    --
    Q: Why do mathematicians often confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25.
    Shane, May 22, 2007
  10. Shane

    Matty F Guest

    On May 22, 4:19 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    > Matty F wrote:

    > >> I am thinking you are half right. iHug (at least) seem to be rejecting
    > >> binary posts.

    > > I post and read Usenet using Google (because xtra have chucked their
    > > newsgroup servers). CollectorNZ's posts containing binary are notable
    > > for their absence in the Google archive. All I can see is the abuse
    > > he's been getting about it.

    > yes.. but you originally said html was the cause
    > However I think binary is the cause, therefore only half a mark

    No I said "not plain text". I believe that ihug and Google ignore both
    html and posts containing binary. So full marks for me, as usual :)
    I thought CollectorNZ would have joined in by now, or are his posts
    being ignored again?
    Matty F, May 22, 2007
  11. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Matty F wrote:

    > On May 22, 4:19 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    >> Matty F wrote:

    >> > I post and read Usenet using Google (because xtra have chucked their
    >> > newsgroup servers). CollectorNZ's posts containing binary are notable
    >> > for their absence in the Google archive. All I can see is the abuse
    >> > he's been getting about it.

    >> yes.. but you originally said html was the cause
    >> However I think binary is the cause, therefore only half a mark

    > No I said "not plain text".

    my mistake

    > I believe that ihug and Google ignore both
    > html and posts containing binary.

    see below

    > So full marks for me, as usual :)
    > I thought CollectorNZ would have joined in by now, or are his posts
    > being ignored again?

    Lets see..
    <b>Test Bold</b>
    <center>
    &Alpha;&Beta;&Gamma;&Delta<br>
    &aplha;&beta;&gamma;&delta<br
    </center>

    end test

    --
    Q: How can you tell that a mathematician is extroverted?
    A: When talking to you, he looks at your shoes instead of at his.
    Shane, May 22, 2007
  12. Shane

    Matty F Guest

    On May 22, 6:00 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    > Lets see..
    > <b>Test Bold</b>
    > <center>
    > &Alpha;&Beta;&Gamma;&Delta<br>
    > &aplha;&beta;&gamma;&delta<br
    > </center>
    >
    > end test

    I suspect that for Google to ignore it the message has to start with
    Matty F, May 22, 2007
  13. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Matty F wrote:

    > On May 22, 6:00 pm, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Lets see..
    >> <b>Test Bold</b>
    >> <center>
    >> &Alpha;&Beta;&Gamma;&Delta<br>
    >> &aplha;&beta;&gamma;&delta<br
    >> </center>
    >>
    >> end test

    > I suspect that for Google to ignore it the message has to start with

    I tried that also (nz.test) but to no avail. I suspect theres a header I
    havent played with, but as I am kneedeep in database cram for a test I
    decided to let it go.
    Maybe after exams if I get the time, I have a /shudder/ java application I
    want to write during study break, I will look into it further
    --
    "The number you have dialed is imaginary. Please, rotate your phone by 90
    degrees and try again..."
    Shane, May 22, 2007