    home150 clearnet pop3 email account, does anyone know as I have just had
    someone not be able to send me an email with attachment because supposably
    it is to big for my email account.
    updown, Nov 23, 2004

  2. updown

    Bob Guest

    15Mb from memory

    Bob, Nov 23, 2004

  3. In article <41a3a698$>, "updown" <flying@around> wrote:

    > On the clearnet help page it does not say what the size limit is on a
    > home150 clearnet pop3 email account, does anyone know as I have just had
    > someone not be able to send me an email with attachment because supposably
    > it is to big for my email account.

    The mailbox size is 15M by default for all clear.net users. (Quota
    enforced.) Customers can purchase additional space.
    Michael Newbery, Nov 23, 2004
  4. Michael Newbery wrote:
    >>On the clearnet help page it does not say what the size limit is on a
    >>home150 clearnet pop3 email account, does anyone know as I have just had
    >>someone not be able to send me an email with attachment because supposably
    >>it is to big for my email account.

    > The mailbox size is 15M by default for all clear.net users. (Quota
    > enforced.) Customers can purchase additional space.

    heh, big brother is watching... :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 23, 2004
  5. updown

    updown Guest

    "Michael Newbery" <> wrote in message
    > In article <41a3a698$>, "updown" <flying@around> wrote:
    >
    > > On the clearnet help page it does not say what the size limit is on a
    > > home150 clearnet pop3 email account, does anyone know as I have just had
    > > someone not be able to send me an email with attachment because

    supposably
    > > it is to big for my email account.

    > The mailbox size is 15M by default for all clear.net users. (Quota
    > enforced.) Customers can purchase additional space.

    Thanks but I know the size of the file someone was trying to send me now, it
    was 11.3Mb so it seems that the limit is probably 10Mb.
    updown, Nov 24, 2004
  6. updown wrote:
    >>The mailbox size is 15M by default for all clear.net users. (Quota
    >>enforced.) Customers can purchase additional space.

    > Thanks but I know the size of the file someone was trying to send me now, it
    > was 11.3Mb so it seems that the limit is probably 10Mb.

    there may be an individual attachment size limit too.
    personally I'd take the guys word for it, surely no-one would
    voluntarily use a team.telstraclear addy?
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 24, 2004
  7. updown

    updown Guest

    > updown wrote:
    > >>The mailbox size is 15M by default for all clear.net users. (Quota
    > >>enforced.) Customers can purchase additional space.

    > > Thanks but I know the size of the file someone was trying to send me

    now, it
    > > was 11.3Mb so it seems that the limit is probably 10Mb.

    > there may be an individual attachment size limit too.
    > personally I'd take the guys word for it, surely no-one would
    > voluntarily use a team.telstraclear addy?

    That's a good point about a possible individual attachment size limit.
    updown, Nov 24, 2004
  8. updown said the following on 24/11/2004 16:13:
    > "Michael Newbery" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In article <41a3a698$>, "updown" <flying@around> wrote:
    >>

    >>>On the clearnet help page it does not say what the size limit is on a
    >>>home150 clearnet pop3 email account, does anyone know as I have just had
    >>>someone not be able to send me an email with attachment because

    > supposably
    >
    >>>it is to big for my email account.

    >>The mailbox size is 15M by default for all clear.net users. (Quota
    >>enforced.) Customers can purchase additional space.

    > Thanks but I know the size of the file someone was trying to send me now, it
    > was 11.3Mb so it seems that the limit is probably 10Mb.

    An 11meg file once bloated by mime will become about 16.5meg, so yep it
    was probably over the limit.

    Email was never designed to transfer files (its a 7 bit encode and most
    files are 8bit) thats why FTP was introduced.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    his toes.
    Collector»NZ, Nov 24, 2004
  9. In article <FnPod.9428$> in nz.comp on Wed, 24
    Nov 2004 12:06:10 +1300, Bob <> says...
    > 15Mb from memory

    More like 5 - 10 MB

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 24, 2004
  10. In article <41a40286$>, "updown" <flying@around> wrote:
    >"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >> > Thanks but I know the size of the file someone was trying to send me

    >now, it
    >> > was 11.3Mb so it seems that the limit is probably 10Mb.

    >> there may be an individual attachment size limit too.
    >> personally I'd take the guys word for it, surely no-one would
    >> voluntarily use a team.telstraclear addy?

    >That's a good point about a possible individual attachment size limit.

    Idle aside ... what kind of idiot sends MB files by email ? :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
    dying of nothing.

    -Redd Foxx

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 24, 2004
  11. updown

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:03:07 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Email was never designed to transfer files (its a 7 bit encode and most
    > files are 8bit) thats why FTP was introduced.

    Well e-mail was for text, and FTP was around from the start to shift files.
    Gordon, Nov 25, 2004
  12. updown

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 04:40:58 +0000, Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > Idle aside ... what kind of idiot sends MB files by email ? :)

    Lazy ones. Ignorant ones, although this can be cured.
    Gordon, Nov 25, 2004
  13. Gordon wrote:
    >>Idle aside ... what kind of idiot sends MB files by email ? :)

    > Lazy ones. Ignorant ones, although this can be cured.

    It's only an issue if you care... I send emails with 50MB of attachments
    home, but only when I can't be bothered logging in to my ftp.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 25, 2004