    through the registry or preferably a program that you can just select
    which ones to remove..

    Thanks
    Nova, May 10, 2005

  2. Nova

    XPD Guest

    "Nova" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have moved a computer running windows xp to a new network.
    > It has remembered all the old computers on its old network so when you
    > are looking in explorer you see a massive list of non valid
    > machines/connections now, is there anyway to clear these out? either
    > through the registry or preferably a program that you can just select
    > which ones to remove..
    >
    > Thanks

    That happens to me after a LAN, I find they disappear on their own after
    trying to browse to them :)
    XPD, May 10, 2005

  3. On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:54:41 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >I have moved a computer running windows xp to a new network.
    >It has remembered all the old computers on its old network

    You can just delete these shortcuts to network folders (e.g.
    'c' on blah, 'd' on blah) that XP automatically creates in
    "My Network Places". If Tools > Folder Options > View >
    "Automatically search for network folders and printers"
    is turned on, the network folders for the new network
    should start appearing eventually.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, May 10, 2005
  4. Nova

    Rider Guest

    "Kristofer Clayton" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:54:41 +1200, Nova <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have moved a computer running windows xp to a new network.
    >>It has remembered all the old computers on its old network

    > You can just delete these shortcuts to network folders (e.g.
    > 'c' on blah, 'd' on blah) that XP automatically creates in
    > "My Network Places". If Tools > Folder Options > View >
    > "Automatically search for network folders and printers"
    > is turned on, the network folders for the new network
    > should start appearing eventually.

    But, what if he hasn't got any computers on the network named 'Blah'??

    :p

    Rider
    Rider, May 12, 2005
  5. On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:21:43 +1200, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    >> You can just delete these shortcuts to network folders (e.g.
    >> 'c' on blah, 'd' on blah) that XP automatically creates in
    >> "My Network Places". If Tools > Folder Options > View >
    >> "Automatically search for network folders and printers"
    >> is turned on, the network folders for the new network
    >> should start appearing eventually.

    >But, what if he hasn't got any computers on the network named 'Blah'??

    That's probably a good thing. :)

    Kristofer Clayton, May 12, 2005