clearing netflow stats command (LIMITED functionality)...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by wr, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. wr

    wr Guest

    Netflow command clear syntax? The problem I have is once
    enabled, the flow counters for SRC/DST IP keep counting up as
    long as the flow is active:

    SrcIf SrcIPaddress DstIf DstIPaddress Pkts
    Hs1/0.500 X.Y.Z.113 Fa0/0 Z.Y.X.113 15K
    Fa0/0 X.Y.Z.68 Hs1/0.500 Z.Y.X.43 64K

    Notice that the 15K and 64K are the number of packets counted
    so far for this flow. I am looking for a way to reset this to
    0, for a relative comparison at some given point (30 seconds
    for example) in the future.

    This will give an undistorted view of current high flows,
    without having historical packet counts cloud the picture.

    NOTE: I know flow counters disappear after flow goes away so
    you are getting fairly recent data. However, this is not good
    enough. For example, I like the ability with "show
    accounting" to start from some given time at zero, when I
    issue a "clear ip accounting", as all packets counts go to
    zero.

    NOTE2: "clear ip flow stats", is not the answer, as this
    command simply clears the statistics regarding the flow, as
    shown in the top two sections of the verbose flow output. The
    actual flow counter pairs are not cleared by this command.

    TIA, will

    wr, Jul 30, 2004