    telling me that I have damaged or corrupted file(s) and to clear the cache.
    I've cleared every setting that I'm aware of. What is it referring to? TIA

    Dale :O)

    GateGod, Mar 4, 2004

  2. GateGod

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:49:48 GMT, "GateGod" <>
    wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    > My IE6 has damaged files somehow. When I try to reinstall it, It keeps
    >telling me that I have damaged or corrupted file(s) and to clear the cache.
    >I've cleared every setting that I'm aware of. What is it referring to? TIA
    >

    > Dale :O)

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options. Click the "General"
    tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click
    the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg.
    Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard drive space by how much
    was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig. Folders that big are prone
    to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts
    acting funny.

    Unk, Mar 4, 2004

  3. GateGod

    Juan Pérez Guest

    GateGod <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > My IE6 has damaged files somehow. When I try to reinstall it, It

    keeps
    > telling me that I have damaged or corrupted file(s) and to clear the

    cache.
    > I've cleared every setting that I'm aware of. What is it referring to?

    TIA

    Tools/Internet Options, General Tab, clear Temporary Internet Files and
    History.

    You've probably already done this but that's what the error message is
    referring to.
    --
    Juan

    Juan Pérez, Mar 4, 2004