    the newsgroup through my IP. I feel like this is something I should be able
    to do, but maybe not.
    thanks.
    Sticks, Jan 7, 2008

  2. Sticks

    meerkat Guest

    www.googletutor.com/2005/04/11/clear-search-history/
    meerkat, Jan 7, 2008

  3. Sticks

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:11:37 -0600, "Sticks" <>
    wrote:

    >This is a problem that I should be able to solve, but so far haven't come up
    >with any answer. Thought I would give the newsgroup a try and see if
    >anyone can tell me how to clear my dropdown box of Google searches. Right
    >now I have a zillion of them. Am running Windows XP SP #3 and connect to
    >the newsgroup through my IP. I feel like this is something I should be able
    >to do, but maybe not.
    >thanks.

    Perhaps a google search of 'clear browser history <insert browser
    name> would do the trick.

    Or run Crap Cleaner.
    Evan Platt, Jan 7, 2008
  4. "Sticks" <> wrote in

    > This is a problem that I should be able to solve, but so far haven't
    > come up with any answer. Thought I would give the newsgroup a try and
    > see if anyone can tell me how to clear my dropdown box of Google
    > searches. Right now I have a zillion of them. Am running Windows XP SP
    > #3 and connect to the newsgroup through my IP. I feel like this is
    > something I should be able to do, but maybe not.
    > thanks.

    Cry-key! I never even get a Google dropdown search history.
    And of course, I only have WinXP-SP2... I feel so cheated.

    http://www.google.com/search?
    hl=en&q=clear+google+search+drop+down+history&btnG=Google+Search

    --

    "At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, but once
    you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot and it was great!'

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21271545/wid/11915829

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTV8Cl-8JMQ&NR=1
    Bucky Breeder, Jan 7, 2008
  5. Sticks

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    wrote:

    >This is a problem that I should be able to solve, but so far haven't come up
    >with any answer. Thought I would give the newsgroup a try and see if
    >anyone can tell me how to clear my dropdown box of Google searches. Right
    >now I have a zillion of them. Am running Windows XP SP #3 and connect to
    >the newsgroup through my IP. I feel like this is something I should be able
    >to do, but maybe not.
    >thanks.

    On my Google search bar, the dropdown box of histroy items has, at the
    very bottom, an item called "Clear History" which works well!!

    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Sydney
    Stubbo of Oz, Jan 7, 2008
  6. Sticks

    DanR Guest

    "Sticks" <> wrote in message
    > This is a problem that I should be able to solve, but so far haven't come
    > up with any answer. Thought I would give the newsgroup a try and see if
    > anyone can tell me how to clear my dropdown box of Google searches. Right
    > now I have a zillion of them. Am running Windows XP SP #3 and connect to
    > the newsgroup through my IP. I feel like this is something I should be
    > able to do, but maybe not.
    > thanks.

    Click in Google search field with no text entered. The history will open.
    Mouse over the top entry to highlight it. Hold the delete key down until all
    entries have been erased.
    If you have a zillion of them it will take a while.
    DanR, Jan 7, 2008
  7. DanR wrote:

    > "Sticks" <> wrote in message
    >> This is a problem that I should be able to solve, but so far haven't
    >> come up with any answer. Thought I would give the newsgroup a try and
    >> see if anyone can tell me how to clear my dropdown box of Google
    >> searches. Right now I have a zillion of them. Am running Windows XP SP
    >> #3 and connect to the newsgroup through my IP. I feel like this is
    >> something I should be able to do, but maybe not.
    >> thanks.
    >>

    > Click in Google search field with no text entered. The history will open.
    > Mouse over the top entry to highlight it. Hold the delete key down until
    > all entries have been erased.
    > If you have a zillion of them it will take a while.

    Or right-click on the search box and select the option "Clear History".

    Oh. Maybe the OP isn't using Firefox. He doesn't seem to specify his
    browser. I guess that woule be too relevant.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 8, 2008