    highlight the ones I wanted removed. I thought I did that yesterday, but
    the d^%$ programs keep on showing up. . Any help much appreciated. and
    thanks, Rich TX/IL

    rich, Sep 11, 2006

  2. rich

    olfart Guest

    "rich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Somehow, I've got bunch of programs in my start-up menu that I don't need.
    > Quick Time Real Player etc.
    >
    > What is the procedure for getting them OUT? I am running Windows XP Home
    > with the service pack 2 upgrade
    >
    > I don't necessarily want to remove the programs from my computer, but I
    > certainly don't want them starting up every time I turn on the machine.
    > In the old days, I could go to "Start Menu" or something like that and
    > highlight the ones I wanted removed. I thought I did that yesterday, but
    > the d^%$ programs keep on showing up. . Any help much appreciated. and
    > thanks, Rich TX/IL

    www.mlin.net
    Startup Control Panel

    olfart, Sep 11, 2006

  3. "rich" <> wrote in message
    > Somehow, I've got bunch of programs in my start-up menu that I don't need.
    > Quick Time Real Player etc.
    >
    > What is the procedure for getting them OUT? I am running Windows XP Home
    > with the service pack 2 upgrade
    >
    > I don't necessarily want to remove the programs from my computer, but I
    > certainly don't want them starting up every time I turn on the machine.
    > In the old days, I could go to "Start Menu" or something like that and
    > highlight the ones I wanted removed. I thought I did that yesterday, but
    > the d^%$ programs keep on showing up. . Any help much appreciated. and
    > thanks, Rich TX/IL

    Type 'msconfig' in Run on the Start menu. Click the Startup tab and you'll
    see a list of all the programs and services that start with Windows, with
    check boxes. Simply uncheck the ones you don't want to start.

    Boscoe Pertwee, Sep 11, 2006
  4. rich

    rich Guest

    Thanks loads...Startup is half the time now. RG

    rich, Sep 12, 2006
  5. rich

    rich Guest

    Wellll... after going to msconfig and removing all of the offending programs
    ( mostly Roxio and REAL items) re-starting the computer as instructed;
    checking the "normal startup box" when prompted on the next re-start...
    I find that ...the first start-up is great... very quick and the junk is not
    in the startup lineup.

    However, the next time I shut the computer down, it restarts with ALL of the
    same crap back in the startup list, all checked again ( mysteriously)..

    Any and all further ideas appreciated. RichG TX/IL

    --
    RichG TX IL
    Manager http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/

    rich, Sep 17, 2006
  6. rich

    olfart Guest

    "rich" <> wrote in message
    > Wellll... after going to msconfig and removing all of the offending
    > programs ( mostly Roxio and REAL items) re-starting the computer as
    > instructed; checking the "normal startup box" when prompted on the next
    > re-start...
    > I find that ...the first start-up is great... very quick and the junk is
    > not in the startup lineup.
    >
    > However, the next time I shut the computer down, it restarts with ALL of
    > the same crap back in the startup list, all checked again (
    > mysteriously)..
    >
    > Any and all further ideas appreciated. RichG TX/IL
    >
    > --
    > RichG TX IL
    > Manager http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners/
    > "rich" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks loads...Startup is half the time now. RG

    go to WWW.mlin.net and check out Startup Control Panel

    olfart, Sep 17, 2006