cleared 70-316 yesterday

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Henry, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Henry

    Henry Guest

    scored 940.

    How did I get prepared:

    -Learned C# with Deitel's Book.
    -Read MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .NET Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (just windows development).
    -After notice so many recommendations, I read Amit Kalani's book (I highly recommend this one).

    Since it was my first cert exam, I was very anxious. So a friend of my, gave me a braindump.
    But after noticed that half of the answeres was wrong I dropped it.

    I have to confess that there were questions about topics wich I haven't seem on any of 3 books that I read.
    But I didn't followed the braindump anwere, I used those question for learning what wasn't covered by those books.

    (security, and tools for debugging is not so extensive in those books, ADO.NET wich is the most important subject on .NET framework, was not so in-depth covered).

    My final recommendation:
    Do not follow braindumps, first because I didn't learn the technology, and second because there are many wrong answeres.

    Wish lucky for all you :)

    Henry, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Henry

    Sarah Smith Guest

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:29:07 -0300, "Henry" <> wrote:

    >scored 940.
    >
    >How did I get prepared:
    >
    >-Learned C# with Deitel's Book.
    >-Read MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .NET Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (just windows development).
    >-After notice so many recommendations, I read Amit Kalani's book (I highly recommend this one).
    >
    >Since it was my first cert exam, I was very anxious. So a friend of my, gave me a braindump.
    >But after noticed that half of the answeres was wrong I dropped it.
    >
    >I have to confess that there were questions about topics wich I haven't seem on any of 3 books that I read.
    >But I didn't followed the braindump anwere, I used those question for learning what wasn't covered by those books.
    >
    >(security, and tools for debugging is not so extensive in those books, ADO.NET wich is the most important subject on .NET framework, was not so in-depth covered).
    >
    >My final recommendation:
    >Do not follow braindumps, first because I didn't learn the technology, and second because there are many wrong answeres.
    >
    >Wish lucky for all you :)

    What would you say were the most important topics of the test? Where
    there many configuration/security/deployment questions?

    S.

    Sarah Smith, Sep 23, 2004