    I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned before ........AFAIK.
    Regards
    Bill
    Bill P, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Bill P

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:53:55 +0100, Bill P wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have had Win XP for about 6 weeks now and I have just discovered the Clear
    >Type option. Wow what a difference that makes on a TFT monitor !

    Then here are a few more surprises -

    It's designed to improve readability on LCDs

    >I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned before ........AFAIK.

    and

    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...clear type&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search this group
    196 results for xp clear type

    Me
    why?, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    > On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:53:55 +0100, Bill P wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>I have had Win XP for about 6 weeks now and I have just discovered the
    >>Clear
    >>Type option. Wow what a difference that makes on a TFT monitor !

    > Then here are a few more surprises -
    >
    > It's designed to improve readability on LCDs
    >
    >>I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned before ........AFAIK.

    > and
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...clear type&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search this group
    > 196 results for xp clear type
    >
    > Me

    It seems a lot of people are as impressed as I am.

    Bill
    Bill P, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Bill P

    George Guest

    Bill P wrote:
    > "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
    >>
    >> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:53:55 +0100, Bill P wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> I have had Win XP for about 6 weeks now and I have just discovered
    >>> the Clear
    >>> Type option. Wow what a difference that makes on a TFT monitor !

    >> Then here are a few more surprises -
    >>
    >> It's designed to improve readability on LCDs
    >>
    >>> I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned before ........AFAIK.

    >> and

    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...clear type&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search this group
    >> 196 results for xp clear type
    >>
    >> Me

    > It seems a lot of people are as impressed as I am.
    >
    > Bill

    So how did you discover it? Is it a part of XP? What is it?
    George, Sep 25, 2005
  5. Bill P

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:02:57 -0500, George wrote:

    >Bill P wrote:
    >> "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    >>> Then here are a few more surprises -
    >>>
    >>> It's designed to improve readability on LCDs

    >>> and
    >>>

    >http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...clear type&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search this group
    >>> 196 results for xp clear type
    >>>
    >>> Me

    >> It seems a lot of people are as impressed as I am.
    >>
    >> Bill

    >So how did you discover it? Is it a part of XP? What is it?

    Not an unreasonable question, initially.

    Yes, inferered from OP - Win XP ... the Clear Type option.
    Can be confirmed via the URL (repeated above).

    You did miss the URL (repeated above)?

    If you haven't got XP (or later) , so you couldn't use it's Start / Help
    then try the given URL.

    Clear Type is included in MS Vista Beta 1 if you have that to try.

    Me
    why?, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Bill P

    Bill P Guest

    Hi George
    It only works on XP
    click on desktop/properties/appearance then select "effects" then select
    "clear type" under "use the following.........edges of screen fonts"
    When you have done that go to :-
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step1.aspx
    to tune the display to your liking.
    Regards
    Bill

    Bill P, Sep 25, 2005
  7. Bill P

    George Guest

    Bill P wrote:
    > Hi George
    > It only works on XP
    > click on desktop/properties/appearance then select "effects" then
    > select "clear type" under "use the following.........edges of screen
    > fonts" When you have done that go to :-
    > http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step1.aspx
    > to tune the display to your liking.
    > Regards
    > Bill

    Thanks! Its easy to find when someone points to it.

    George, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Bill P

    Bruce Bowman Guest

    George wrote:
    > Bill P wrote:
    >
    >> Hi George
    >> It only works on XP
    >> click on desktop/properties/appearance then select "effects" then
    >> select "clear type" under "use the following.........edges of screen
    >> fonts" When you have done that go to :-
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/Step1.aspx
    >> to tune the display to your liking.
    >> Regards
    >> Bill
    >>

    > Thanks! Its easy to find when someone points to it.
    >

    >> "George" <> wrote in message

    > http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...clear type&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search this group

    >>> So how did you discover it? Is it a part of XP? What is it?

    I use a nice little utility, Clear Tweak to further enhance the Clear
    Type option
    See - http://www.ioisland.com/cleartweak/

    Bruce
    Bruce Bowman, Sep 27, 2005