Clear to do away with the old cable accounts by mar 2006?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing2, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    ones dont differentiate nationa/international.

    ?

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Nov 17, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. thing2

    Peter Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <>
    wrote:

    >Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    >ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >
    >?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing
    >

    At which point I will tell them into which orifice they can stick
    their 'service' and revert to Telecom and take up DSL (heaven forbid -
    how am I going to explain to the family that we are changing our phone
    number - again!).

    By the way I have NOT put the TelstraClear sticker they sent me on to
    my mail box.
    Peter, Nov 17, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. thing2

    Daniel Guest

    thing2 wrote:
    > Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    > ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >
    > ?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing
    >


    A couple of guys I work with still have the old old 256KB / 10GB plan -
    the plan that existed before the ones that have just been replaced.

    When the newer 1G/5G/10G plans came in I remember hearing rumours that
    those plans would eventually be phased out. But, they're still there.

    Be interesting to see what happens.
    Daniel, Nov 17, 2005
    #3
  4. thing2

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:

    >Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    >ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >
    >?
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing




    And no 10 Gig dnloads with the $80 accounts.

    I was informed by Telstra I can stay with my old account as I don't need
    rocket speed..
    XP, Nov 17, 2005
    #4
  5. thing2

    Max Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    > >ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    > >
    > >?
    > >
    > >regards
    > >
    > >Thing
    > >

    > At which point I will tell them into which orifice they can stick
    > their 'service' and revert to Telecom and take up DSL (heaven forbid -
    > how am I going to explain to the family that we are changing our phone
    > number - again!).
    >
    > By the way I have NOT put the TelstraClear sticker they sent me on to
    > my mail box.
    >


    What is that sticker for? I have seen them on some letter boxes, and thought
    that they maybe for some form of competition.
    Max, Nov 17, 2005
    #5
  6. thing2

    Peter Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:41:31 +1300, "Max" <>
    wrote:

    >>

    >
    >What is that sticker for? I have seen them on some letter boxes, and thought
    >that they maybe for some form of competition.
    >
    >

    It is a cheap form of advertising. There are nine $500 Noel Leeming
    vouchers to be won (I bet TelstraClear paid little if any for them)
    for {Christchurch; Kapiti; Wellington} * {Jan, Feb, Mar}. Presumably
    they cruise around to pick the lucky house. I have a gutsful of that
    outfit anyway, this 'sticker' business made me feel sick.
    Peter, Nov 17, 2005
    #6
  7. thing2

    steve Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > At which point I will tell them into which orifice they can stick
    > their 'service' and revert to Telecom and take up DSL (heaven forbid -
    > how am I going to explain to the family that we are changing our phone
    > number - again!).


    I had to go back to Telecom in 2003 after 6 years with TelstraClear and I
    was generally pleasantly surprised.

    Telecom actually answer the phone.

    They did mishandle a few things - and then refuse to listen - but that's par
    for the course from ANY telco.
    steve, Nov 17, 2005
    #7
  8. thing2

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:29:35 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >Peter wrote:
    >
    >> At which point I will tell them into which orifice they can stick
    >> their 'service' and revert to Telecom and take up DSL (heaven forbid -
    >> how am I going to explain to the family that we are changing our phone
    >> number - again!).

    >
    >I had to go back to Telecom in 2003 after 6 years with TelstraClear and I
    >was generally pleasantly surprised.
    >
    >Telecom actually answer the phone.
    >
    >They did mishandle a few things - and then refuse to listen - but that's par
    >for the course from ANY telco.
    >
    >
    >




    The Problem here is Telescum charges are very high, like Phone rental caller
    ID and no free calls to Wellington..
    XP, Nov 17, 2005
    #8
  9. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    >>ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >>
    >>?
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing
    >>

    >
    > At which point I will tell them into which orifice they can stick
    > their 'service' and revert to Telecom and take up DSL (heaven forbid -
    > how am I going to explain to the family that we are changing our phone
    > number - again!).
    >
    > By the way I have NOT put the TelstraClear sticker they sent me on to
    > my mail box.
    >


    me neither, if they want adevertising they can pay me.

    I suspect it might be to do with a door to door campaign coming to us
    shortly, a sticker saves them knocking....

    I think though given their new terms and conditions of, we can spam you
    from our approved partners and if you object we will disconnect you,
    that they wish to elevate the average revenue per customer....

    So we seem to be entering an era of gouging the customer as much as
    possible, and not cheaper and faster broadband for all....

    Comes from having a duopoly....and not real competition.

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Nov 17, 2005
    #9
  10. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    >>ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >>
    >>?
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And no 10 Gig dnloads with the $80 accounts.
    >
    > I was informed by Telstra I can stay with my old account as I don't need
    > rocket speed..


    Me too a year ago....looks like that might be changing....hence my post.

    I have had phone calls trying to get me to "upgrade", I said no no
    point. Now its phone calls about replacing the modem.....I guess when
    they force me to do that I will be "forced" to a new IP and a new plan.....

    At which point I will consider moving back to Telecom or staying with
    Clear.....or going back to dial up....these days I am not so sure I
    really need broadband....my time on line is far less than it was....or
    maybe the basic 128k "broadband" is enough....

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Nov 17, 2005
    #10
  11. thing2

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:43:29 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    >>>ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >>>
    >>>?
    >>>
    >>>regards
    >>>
    >>>Thing

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> And no 10 Gig dnloads with the $80 accounts.
    >>
    >> I was informed by Telstra I can stay with my old account as I don't need
    >> rocket speed..

    >
    >Me too a year ago....looks like that might be changing....hence my post.
    >
    >I have had phone calls trying to get me to "upgrade", I said no no
    >point. Now its phone calls about replacing the modem.....I guess when
    >they force me to do that I will be "forced" to a new IP and a new plan.....
    >
    >At which point I will consider moving back to Telecom or staying with
    >Clear.....or going back to dial up....these days I am not so sure I
    >really need broadband....my time on line is far less than it was....or
    >maybe the basic 128k "broadband" is enough....
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing



    No one has asked me to change my Plan, but they did change my Modem, plus a
    IP changed that was all.
    XP, Nov 17, 2005
    #11
  12. thing2

    thing2 Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:43:29 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:51:06 +1300, thing2 <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Someone just said there will be no old accounts by March, and the new
    >>>>ones dont differentiate nationa/international.
    >>>>
    >>>>?
    >>>>
    >>>>regards
    >>>>
    >>>>Thing
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>And no 10 Gig dnloads with the $80 accounts.
    >>>
    >>>I was informed by Telstra I can stay with my old account as I don't need
    >>>rocket speed..

    >>
    >>Me too a year ago....looks like that might be changing....hence my post.
    >>
    >>I have had phone calls trying to get me to "upgrade", I said no no
    >>point. Now its phone calls about replacing the modem.....I guess when
    >>they force me to do that I will be "forced" to a new IP and a new plan.....
    >>
    >>At which point I will consider moving back to Telecom or staying with
    >>Clear.....or going back to dial up....these days I am not so sure I
    >>really need broadband....my time on line is far less than it was....or
    >>maybe the basic 128k "broadband" is enough....
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    >
    >
    >
    > No one has asked me to change my Plan, but they did change my Modem, plus a
    > IP changed that was all.
    >
    >
    >



    OK, will bear that in mind....

    regards

    Thing
    thing2, Nov 18, 2005
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Marty C
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    515
  2. Mike McGee
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    333
    Mike McGee
    Dec 30, 2003
  3. MHM
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    386
  4. FastFreddie

    What's a .mar file

    FastFreddie, Jan 3, 2007, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    670
  5. Russell Smithies

    new CAD programs (Mar 2003 - July 2003)

    Russell Smithies, Jul 14, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,068
    gromit
    Jul 14, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page