    To be clear, I'm sending a SET request for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0 and
    the value is the tty line number (so 1 for line 1, etc).

    Any ideas?

    bthetford, Sep 23, 2009

  2. bthetford

    bod43 Guest

    On 23 Sep, 09:18, bthetford <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to clear a tty line via SNMP?
    > I tried using the tsClrTtyLine Oid but I always get -1 as a response,
    > which indicates no line has been cleared.
    >
    > To be clear, I'm sending a SET request for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0 and
    > the value is the tty line number (so 1 for line 1, etc).
    >
    > Any ideas?

    An snmpwalk of a router here does not return that branch at all.

    We want -
    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0

    enterprises.9.2.6.1.1.5.IP-deleted.53762.IP-deleted.23 =
    Timeticks: (184249) 0:30:42.49
    enterprises.9.2.10.1.0 = 23482

    1.3.6.1.4.1 = enterprises

    This is on an 877 with

    (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T7

    I guess that they finally did away with the old (useful) mibs:-(

    I use an ancient but free UCD set of snmp command line utilities
    for windows. UCD-snmp version: 4.2.3

    There may be an equivalent in the new mibs? I will have a
    bit of a look, however I find it all a bit obscure.

    bod43, Sep 23, 2009

  3. bthetford

    bthetford Guest

    On Sep 23, 9:07 am, bod43 <> wrote:
    > On 23 Sep, 09:18, bthetford <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to clear a tty line via SNMP?
    > > I tried using the tsClrTtyLine Oid but I always get -1 as a response,
    > > which indicates no line has been cleared.

    > > To be clear, I'm sending a SET request for 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0 and
    > > the value is the tty line number (so 1 for line 1, etc).

    > > Any ideas?

    > An snmpwalk of a router here does not return that branch at all.
    >
    > We want -
    > 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0
    >
    > enterprises.9.2.6.1.1.5.IP-deleted.53762.IP-deleted.23 =
    >              Timeticks: (184249) 0:30:42.49
    > enterprises.9.2.10.1.0 = 23482
    >
    > 1.3.6.1.4.1 = enterprises
    >
    > This is on an 877 with
    >
    > (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T7
    >
    > I guess that they finally did away with the old (useful) mibs:-(
    >
    > I use an ancient but free UCD set of snmp command line utilities
    > for windows.  UCD-snmp version: 4.2.3
    >
    > There may be an equivalent in the new mibs? I will have a
    > bit of a look, however I find it all a bit obscure.

    This is on an AS2511-RJ. Quite old but still insanely useful for what
    it does. Walking this device does show it there, and it does respond
    to the set (ie I do not get a null branch response). In fact, a 2821
    I tried it on also responded with -1. According to Cisco's MIB
    locator the MIB this Oid is in is supported by both of these routers,
    with the IOS versions they have (12.3.26 for the 2511 and 12.4.24T1
    for the 2821).
    The Oids above it are marked as not accessible in the MIB, so a walk
    probably wouldn't get there. Try a get aimed at that Oid. The number
    it returns to you indicates the last line that was cleared by the
    command or -1 if no line was cleared.
    I just can't make the thing work like the Cisco documentation says it
    should (ie issue a set command to that oid with the number of the line
    you want to clear).

    bthetford, Sep 23, 2009