clear line vty on Cisco 7200

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ELR, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. ELR

    ELR Guest

    in the first place, I ask excuses you because my English is not very
    good. I hope that you understand what I mean to you.

    I cannot eliminate the lines vty in my Cisco 7200.

    when I write show users, I obtain the following thing:

    7200#show users
    Line User Host(s) Idle Location
    2 vty 0 admin idle 42w6d XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    I try to erase it of the following way but I cannot:

    7200#clear line vty 0
    [confirm]y [OK]

    the stranger, is that he says to me that has been ok, but when I make
    "show users" again , it appears again.

    7200#show users
    Line User Host(s) Idle Location
    2 vty 0 admin idle 42w6d XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    why I cannot erase the line vty?

    the version of my router is the Version 12.2(15)T13.

    ELR, Jun 30, 2005

  2. we have the same problem on a 72xx - seems to be a software bug.
    Sometimes connections cannot be cleared; need to reload the router
    to get rid of them. Bad though if you run out of vty's.
    maybe someone cares to open a case?

    Regards
    Axel

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Axel_G=E4rtner?=, Jun 30, 2005

  3. ELR

    Anthony Guest

    Anthony, Jul 1, 2005
  4. ELR

    David West Guest

    Also try adding "service tcp-keepalives-in" and
    "service-tcp-keepalives-out" to your config, that enables the router to
    detect dead telnet connetions and close them.

    -DW

    David West, Jul 1, 2005
  5. ELR

    ELR Guest

    Thanks to answer.

    It I have tried everything and follows without working.
    I do not have the possibility of reboot the router.

    Regards

    ELR, Jul 6, 2005