    happy with the S50, except for the above bug. Does anyone know what
    causes that, and if newer Canons still have it?

    , Jun 18, 2007

  2. Ray Macey Guest

    On Jun 19, 6:15 am, wrote:
    > I have a Canon S50 pocket camera. It has a full manual mode, but I
    > found that images are very "grainy" in the manual mode, even when I
    > would make all settings exactly the same as get set in auto. To avoid
    > that I would just set the camera to P and adjust the white balance
    > with + and -.

    Presumably in manual mode, you're on a high ISO setting, but in auto
    mode, the camera is using a low ISO. Drop your ISO in manual to 100
    and the grain will go away

    Ray

    Ray Macey, Jun 18, 2007

  3. Guest

    Tried that, not effect. Tried dropping the ISO all the way to 50.

    , Jun 18, 2007
  4. Ray Macey Guest

    On Jun 19, 6:25 am, wrote:
    > Tried that, not effect. Tried dropping the ISO all the way to 50.

    Got any examples we could look at?

    Ray

    Ray Macey, Jun 18, 2007
  5. bugbear Guest

    Ray Macey wrote:
    > On Jun 19, 6:25 am, wrote:
    >> Tried that, not effect. Tried dropping the ISO all the way to 50.

    > Got any examples we could look at?

    Leave the EXIF in!!

    BugBear

    bugbear, Jun 19, 2007