    hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I doing wrong? it used
    to work that way.

    thanks for your time
    Ron&Joyce, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Ron&Joyce

    Atreju Guest

    On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:50:39 -0700, "Ron&Joyce" <> wrote:

    >I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet options and
    >hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I doing wrong? it used
    >to work that way.
    >
    >thanks for your time

    There's probably a way to clear it from the system through the
    registry or files, but take a look here for a possible solution.
    I have never used this, so please use caution when deciding whether or
    not to try it.

    http://www.purgeie.com/lockhist.htm

    ---Atreju---
    Atreju, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Ron&Joyce

    Linda Guest

    "Ron&Joyce" <> wrote in message
    >I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet options and
    > hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I doing wrong? it
    > used
    > to work that way.
    >
    > thanks for your time

    c:\Documents and Settings\<select user>\local settings\History, Delete
    everything. WinXP will auto re-create the Today folder.
    I've no idea why your command button doesn't work.
    I've no idea whether the history is in the same location for pre-WinXP.
    Linda, Sep 4, 2004
  4. Ron&Joyce

    Uncle Buck Guest

    Ron&Joyce wrote:

    > I am using Internet Explorer and I go to tools then to internet
    > options and hit Clear History and it will not clear. Why? What am I
    > doing wrong? it used to work that way.

    It's a known bug. Doesn't even work reliably from a clean Windows install.
    Uncle Buck, Sep 5, 2004