Clear ADLSL login format??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutlley, Nov 28, 2006.

  1. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    Hi all,

    Last nite I went to an old couples ho,e to help them setup ADSL on a
    Clear account. Over the phone they gave him the login as
    and password and sent a Dynalink RTA 1320 modem
    out with no other info. Not even the option of someone coming around
    to install.

    I set up the modem, got the DSL led up on the modem but could not
    authenticate with Clear. Spent 45 minutes listening to MOH at Clear
    and another 30 minutes to one of their support techs to be told "We
    can see you trying to authenticate but it's not working. I can log
    into their email account from this end so the problem must be the
    modem, Call Dynalink tomorrow and get them to help"

    When I go home I looked thru the Clear site for some support info.
    Not very user friendly site for this stuff but on one page they did
    show the ADSL login as

    Is this the correct ADSL longin format??

    TIA
    Mutlley, Nov 28, 2006

  2. Mutlley

    frederick Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Last nite I went to an old couples ho,e to help them setup ADSL on a
    > Clear account. Over the phone they gave him the login as
    > and password and sent a Dynalink RTA 1320 modem
    > out with no other info. Not even the option of someone coming around
    > to install.
    >
    > I set up the modem, got the DSL led up on the modem but could not
    > authenticate with Clear. Spent 45 minutes listening to MOH at Clear
    > and another 30 minutes to one of their support techs to be told "We
    > can see you trying to authenticate but it's not working. I can log
    > into their email account from this end so the problem must be the
    > modem, Call Dynalink tomorrow and get them to help"
    >
    > When I go home I looked thru the Clear site for some support info.
    > Not very user friendly site for this stuff but on one page they did
    > show the ADSL login as
    >
    > Is this the correct ADSL longin format??
    >
    > TIA

    I have the same router (Dynalink RTA 1320) from Slingshot.
    I'm surprised that Clear don't preload the router with username and
    password before sending it out.
    Anyway, there is under the "management" page a diagnostic test that
    should provide some clue to the problem. It's easy enough to try the
    alternate username if you want. IIRC username and password are case
    sensitive. For slingshot, username for authentication is not
    @slingshot.co.nz, so what you have found out already is probably worth a
    try.
    The first one of these routers that Slingshot sent me failed after a
    month or two - there was apparently some problem with a batch of these,
    but this was about 9 months ago. Problem started intermittently,
    eventually it was failing self diagnostic test on startup, IIRC with a
    red blinking power light indicating that it was dead.
    frederick, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    frederick <> wrote:

    >Mutlley wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Last nite I went to an old couples ho,e to help them setup ADSL on a
    >> Clear account. Over the phone they gave him the login as
    >> and password and sent a Dynalink RTA 1320 modem
    >> out with no other info. Not even the option of someone coming around
    >> to install.
    >>
    >> I set up the modem, got the DSL led up on the modem but could not
    >> authenticate with Clear. Spent 45 minutes listening to MOH at Clear
    >> and another 30 minutes to one of their support techs to be told "We
    >> can see you trying to authenticate but it's not working. I can log
    >> into their email account from this end so the problem must be the
    >> modem, Call Dynalink tomorrow and get them to help"
    >>
    >> When I go home I looked thru the Clear site for some support info.
    >> Not very user friendly site for this stuff but on one page they did
    >> show the ADSL login as
    >>
    >> Is this the correct ADSL longin format??
    >>
    >> TIA

    >I have the same router (Dynalink RTA 1320) from Slingshot.
    >I'm surprised that Clear don't preload the router with username and
    >password before sending it out.
    >Anyway, there is under the "management" page a diagnostic test that
    >should provide some clue to the problem. It's easy enough to try the
    >alternate username if you want. IIRC username and password are case
    >sensitive. For slingshot, username for authentication is not
    >@slingshot.co.nz, so what you have found out already is probably worth a
    >try.
    >The first one of these routers that Slingshot sent me failed after a
    >month or two - there was apparently some problem with a batch of these,
    >but this was about 9 months ago. Problem started intermittently,
    >eventually it was failing self diagnostic test on startup, IIRC with a
    >red blinking power light indicating that it was dead.

    Thanx for the info..
    Mutlley, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Mutlley

    Phil Guest

    Mutlley wrote, On 29/11/06 8.26 a:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Last nite I went to an old couples ho,e to help them setup ADSL on a
    > Clear account. Over the phone they gave him the login as
    > and password and sent a Dynalink RTA 1320 modem
    > out with no other info. Not even the option of someone coming around
    > to install.

    The system log on that router is also quite useful. You'll first have to
    enable it under Management->System Log->Configure System Log, and turn
    on Debugging logging. Try to connect, then give it a bit and check the log.

    -Phil
    Phil, Nov 29, 2006
  5. Mutlley

    PeeCee Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Last nite I went to an old couples ho,e to help them setup ADSL on a
    > Clear account. Over the phone they gave him the login as
    > and password and sent a Dynalink RTA 1320 modem
    > out with no other info. Not even the option of someone coming around
    > to install.
    >
    > I set up the modem, got the DSL led up on the modem but could not
    > authenticate with Clear. Spent 45 minutes listening to MOH at Clear
    > and another 30 minutes to one of their support techs to be told "We
    > can see you trying to authenticate but it's not working. I can log
    > into their email account from this end so the problem must be the
    > modem, Call Dynalink tomorrow and get them to help"
    >
    > When I go home I looked thru the Clear site for some support info.
    > Not very user friendly site for this stuff but on one page they did
    > show the ADSL login as
    >
    > Is this the correct ADSL longin format??
    >
    > TIA

    Saw a Slingshot customer with last week.

    Also had a Paradise user with two letters reversed by the dyslectic operator
    at the other end a while ago.
    It was only by getting the letters spelled out phonetically we picked it up.

    Another option is to try their Username Password on Slingshot's webmail from
    your own PC.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Nov 29, 2006
  6. Mutlley

    Mutley Guest

    Phil <> wrote:

    >Mutlley wrote, On 29/11/06 8.26 a:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Last nite I went to an old couples ho,e to help them setup ADSL on a
    >> Clear account. Over the phone they gave him the login as
    >> and password and sent a Dynalink RTA 1320 modem
    >> out with no other info. Not even the option of someone coming around
    >> to install.

    >The system log on that router is also quite useful. You'll first have to
    >enable it under Management->System Log->Configure System Log, and turn
    >on Debugging logging. Try to connect, then give it a bit and check the log.
    >
    >-Phil

    Thanx guys.

    The correct login is talk about brain dead
    company. These folks had never been on the net in any shape or form
    so what does Clear do?? They send him an email with all the login
    details which we got when I set up his email after getting the
    router to come on line.. Why the support tech last nite didn't pick
    this wrong login is beyond me as I read out the details and he
    confirmed that it was correct..
    Mutley, Nov 29, 2006