    Support Joe Guest

    Can any one please, tell me what is the best way, to clean, a LCD flat
    screen moitor?
    Support Joe, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Support Joe

    °Mike° Guest

    A damp, soft lint-free cloth (NO SOLVENTS!), or a dry, soft
    lint-free cloth with Isopropyl Alcohol. Use straight strokes,
    in one direction only.

    Under NO circumstances use any of the following, or substances
    based on them:

    Acetone
    Ethyl Alcohol
    Ethyl Acid
    Ammonia
    Methyl Chloride

    Do NOT use paper towels - they are abrasive.
    Only use "Computer Wipes" if it states that they are OK for LCD.

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 17:30:59 -0000, in
    <>
    Support Joe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Support Joe

    Liz Guest

    You can clean the LCD panel with a warm dampened, soft cloth.
    Or try spraying a diluted window cleaner such as Windex onto a soft cloth,
    then gently rubbing the cloth across the screen. Do not spray directly
    onto the screen, and do not use excessive pressure. Many plastic
    and glass cleaners can leave a film on your screen but not Windex.
    Computer-monitor cleaners are a good alternative to watered-down Windex,
    particularly for travelers. Also, do not open the display panel more than
    120 degrees from the closed position as this may damage the LCD top cover.

    Liz, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Support Joe

    slumpy Guest

    With a rumble and a belch Support Joe decided to put the World to rights
    with this little speech from the heart...

    > Can any one please, tell me what is the best way, to clean, a LCD flat
    > screen moitor?

    Car superpower jetwash.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Support Joe

    Support Joe Guest

    > Car superpower jetwash.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy
    >
    > Thanx but I've no time for cars The nearest thing to one, we possess is a

    wrench,
    my wife uses to get me away from this PC now and then.
    And as for this Windex.I've never heard of it. But will make sure to do as
    instructed.
    Support Joe, Nov 9, 2003
  6. Support Joe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    KISS said:

    > "Support Joe" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Car superpower jetwash.
    >>> --
    >>> slumpy
    >>> no more
    >>> no less
    >>> just slumpy
    >>>
    >>> Thanx but I've no time for cars The nearest thing to one, we possess is a

    >> wrench,
    >> my wife uses to get me away from this PC now and then.
    >> And as for this Windex.I've never heard of it. But will make sure to do as
    >> instructed.

    > http://www.windexglasscleaner.com/

    *That* is totally "wimpy" compared to a car jetwash.
    Brian H¹©, Nov 9, 2003
  7. Support Joe

    KISS Guest

    KISS, Nov 9, 2003
  8. Support Joe

    KISS Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote

    http://www.i-dac.com/game/dcr.files/emer.html
    KISS, Nov 9, 2003
  9. Support Joe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    KISS said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote
    >
    >> KISS said:

    >>> http://www.windexglasscleaner.com/

    >> *That* is totally "wimpy" compared to a car jetwash.

    > http://www.i-dac.com/game/dcr.files/emer.html

    Stoopid cow doesn't want to come to.
    I tried everything, honestly I did, I gave her excessive doses of adrenaline, I
    massaged her ti....heart endlessly, I even zapped her a few time, but it was no
    good. She was done for before I started, the odds were stacked against her your
    honour. I swear I did the best I could, it was just not good enough.
    Oh if only I could have done more...
    Where did I put that gun?
    I can't take any more of this torment, I...I...I...
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    <*BANG*>
    Brian H¹©, Nov 9, 2003
  10. Support Joe

    Patrick Guest

    Support Joe wrote:
    >> Car superpower jetwash.
    >> --
    >> slumpy
    >> no more
    >> no less
    >> just slumpy
    >>
    >> Thanx but I've no time for cars The nearest thing to one, we possess
    >> is a

    > wrench,
    > my wife uses to get me away from this PC now and then.
    > And as for this Windex.I've never heard of it. But will make sure to
    > do as instructed.

    Windolene (UK)
    Patrick, Nov 9, 2003