    storage after cleaning and scanning? Any brands recommended?

    Thanks,

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Jim

    Ed E. Guest

    > I just purchased a slide/film scanner, and was wondering if anyone
    > could advise me the best method of cleaning the slides before
    > scanning?

    I've never cleaned slides personally, so I can't address that one. I just
    let ICE do its thing.

    > I saw on one website a 3-ring slide folder, that you can store 20
    > slides in it and still see the slides. Would this be a good method of
    > storage after cleaning and scanning? Any brands recommended?

    That's what I do, and it works great. Adorama has a good selection of that
    stuff under their brand name. Other companies have the actual brand names
    that Adorama uses for comparable prices. The black "archival 3-ring binder"
    isn't airtight at all, and is actually pretty flimsy. But it has done the
    trick for me so far.

    I like that once the slide is inserted into the sleeve, it is pretty much
    airtight. Thus, less chance for mold growing on the film.

    Ed E., Nov 14, 2003

  3. Kodak's Web site (www.kodak.com) has a lot of technical information. A
    search with the word "Cleaning" turned up a large number of articles. One
    is at
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/techInfo/cis145/cis145.shtml;
    it talks generlaly about cleaning film and negatives. There may be
    something on the site specificlaly about slides, but I didn't look at all
    the hits.

    Marvin Margoshes, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest