    I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children have put
    fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It doesn't give
    instructions in the manual.

    eugene, May 25, 2004

  2. eugene

    koorb Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "eugene"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children have put
    >fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It doesn't give
    >instructions in the manual.

    Damp (not wet) cloth.

    koorb, May 25, 2004

  3. eugene

    Emrys Davies Guest

    http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20030722.html

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, May 25, 2004
  4. eugene

    eugene Guest

    thanks

    eugene, May 25, 2004
  5. eugene

    S.Heenan Guest

    eugene wrote:
    > I have a new flat screen monitor with LCD and some of the children
    > have put fingerprints on it. What's the best way to clean this? It
    > doesn't give instructions in the manual.

    Use a 1:1 mix of 99% isopropyl alcohol and water. Use a soft, damp cotton
    cloth to wipe the screen.

    S.Heenan, May 25, 2004
  6. eugene

    °Mike° Guest

    A damp, soft lint-free cloth (do NOT use solvents!), or a dry,
    soft lint-free cloth with Isopropyl Alcohol. Clean with straight
    strokes, in one direction only.

    Under NO circumstances use any of the following, or substances
    based on them:

    Acetone
    Ammonia
    Ethyl Acid
    Ethyl Alcohol
    Methyl Chloride

    Do NOT use paper towels/toilet paper - they are abrasive.
    Only use "Computer Wipes" if they are specifically for LCD.

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 10:38:18 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c8v7mp$slp$>
    eugene scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance