    I still see a faint cloudiness when viewed with a magnifier. The lense area
    is so small and difficult to access. Some advice would be helpful.

    - Stephen
    Stephen P. Stoffer, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Stephen P. Stoffer wrote:
    > I have been having some problem trying to get the lense clean on a
    > Kodak CX-6230 digital camera I bought back in January. Apparently
    > everything I have tried to clean it with doesn't seem to work. I have
    > tried lense cleaning microfiber cloths, Photocon lenspen, and a photo
    > lens camel brush. I still see a faint cloudiness when viewed with a
    > magnifier. The lense area is so small and difficult to access. Some
    > advice would be helpful.
    >
    > - Stephen

    It sounds like you and possible prior owner may have caused the (non)
    problem.

    First, how are the results? Do the results indicate a problem? If not
    you have a "non" problem. Too much effort at cleaning can cause problems.
    I would guess more lenses are damaged by cleaning than anything else.

    Personally the first thing I would do is to throw away that microfiber
    stuff. Stick to a lens brush to get rid of dust. Get some professional
    lens cleaning fluid (not glass cleaner) and use it as directed, ONLY when it
    is needed.

    Are you sure that the "cloudy" look is on the first surface of the lens
    and not inside? My guess is it is either inside, or the coating has been
    damaged by too intensive cleaning.

    In either case, it is likely that it is a non-problem.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Stephen P. Stoffer

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Stephen,

    Seems like you have tried all the options that might come to mind. I am not
    familiar with your camera and so can only guess that it may have been
    damaged in some way? What is on it? Do you know what material has caused
    the dirt?

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company