    Any good advice, or links to sites answering this, gratefully received.

    Merry Xmas to you all.

    dave the another
    Evad Rehtona, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Evad Rehtona

    Hank Guest

    Use a nice soft lint free cloth. If that dosent cut it then use a
    slightly damp cloth (warm water) to clean it. NEVER use CRT monitor
    clean on your LCD.

    Here at work we recieved a users LCD monitor with white streaks all
    over it. Turned out they used their normal CRT iso cleaning fluid on it
    and it melted the LCD screen.
    Hank, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Evad Rehtona

    EMB Guest

    Evad Rehtona wrote:
    > I have recently bought a laptop... just an Acer with the usual LCD. But
    > how do I clean the screen, which gathers dust and marks despite my best
    > efforts? I suspect it is not as robust as my normal PC monitor glass.
    >
    > Any good advice, or links to sites answering this, gratefully received.

    DSE laptop screen cleaning wipes - part no N3122

    > Merry Xmas to you all.

    And to you Dave

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Dec 21, 2005
  4. Evad Rehtona

    Squirrel Guest

    On 20 Dec 2005 17:58:16 -0800, "Evad Rehtona"
    <> wrote:

    >I have recently bought a laptop... just an Acer with the usual LCD. But
    >how do I clean the screen, which gathers dust and marks despite my best
    >efforts? I suspect it is not as robust as my normal PC monitor glass.
    >
    >Any good advice, or links to sites answering this, gratefully received.
    >
    >Merry Xmas to you all.
    >
    >dave the another

    my notebook screen is like plain glass what type is that?
    Squirrel, Dec 21, 2005
  5. Evad Rehtona

    Evad Rehtona Guest

    Thank you Hank and EMB.... I think I will drop by DSE and get that
    product....
    Evad Rehtona, Dec 21, 2005
  6. Evad Rehtona

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have recently bought a laptop... just an Acer with the usual LCD. But
    > how do I clean the screen, which gathers dust and marks despite my best
    > efforts? I suspect it is not as robust as my normal PC monitor glass.

    Some recent Toshibas have screens that mark easily, but just a damp
    cloth will clean them off nicely.
    Rob J, Dec 21, 2005
  7. Evad Rehtona

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Use a nice soft lint free cloth. If that dosent cut it then use a
    > slightly damp cloth (warm water) to clean it. NEVER use CRT monitor
    > clean on your LCD.
    >
    > Here at work we recieved a users LCD monitor with white streaks all
    > over it. Turned out they used their normal CRT iso cleaning fluid on it
    > and it melted the LCD screen.

    What's CRT cleaner? Is it better than window cleaner?
    Rob J, Dec 21, 2005
  8. Evad Rehtona

    *Owly* Guest

    > my notebook screen is like plain glass what type is that?

    Hi Squirrel,
    You have a Toshiba right? If it looks like it is a normal glass screen like
    the older CRT or TV type screens then it is a "clear bright" "crystal
    bright" or whatever the manufacturer is using to describe the screen. It is
    still an LCD so care needs to be taken to clean it.
    The best non-destructive method I use is a damp cloth, and I mean damp, not
    wet, followed by a dry cloth.
    Ironically, the guys I used to work with always recommended old T-Shirt
    cloth because they didn't tend to leave behind residual cotton bits :)

    HTH
    Owly.
    *Owly*, Dec 22, 2005
  9. Evad Rehtona

    Squirrel Guest

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:43:42 +1300, "*Owly*" <o*w*l*>
    wrote:

    >> my notebook screen is like plain glass what type is that?
    >>

    >Hi Squirrel,
    >You have a Toshiba right? If it looks like it is a normal glass screen like
    >the older CRT or TV type screens then it is a "clear bright" "crystal
    >bright" or whatever the manufacturer is using to describe the screen. It is
    >still an LCD so care needs to be taken to clean it.
    >The best non-destructive method I use is a damp cloth, and I mean damp, not
    >wet, followed by a dry cloth.
    >Ironically, the guys I used to work with always recommended old T-Shirt
    >cloth because they didn't tend to leave behind residual cotton bits :)
    >
    >HTH
    >Owly.

    thax 4 that
    Squirrel, Dec 22, 2005