    preferable.

    *KS*
    , Jan 5, 2006

  2. Fuzzy Logic Guest

    wrote in news:1136492823.632652.162350
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    http://wiki.ehow.com/Clean-a-Laptop-Screen-With-Household-Products
    Fuzzy Logic, Jan 5, 2006

  3. why? Guest

    On 5 Jan 2006 12:27:03 -0800, keon wrote:

    >Somehow I've managed to get about forty fingerprint smudges all over my
    >laptop screen. What would you suggest to clean this? I've tried water
    >and a damp cloth but it just smears and ultimately looks worse...

    Water works, a barely damp cloth.

    It would, you have to clean it on a regular basis, you need a good
    quality cleaning cloth and with very light pressure (remember barely
    damp) wipe the same area for several minutes. It may take a few days to
    remove some marks, doing just a little at a time. Also work in 1
    direction only say up/down not circular.

    You may also get away with just a tiny bit of very mild washing up
    (diskes) liquid soap or a tiny bit of plain hand soap to get started.
    Although you should check what the manufacturer says, and do some
    searching with www.google.com

    See previous posts in 24HSHD, using
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?
    lookup the message id codes, the bit between <...> in the box at the
    bottom of the search page.

    Search for the Message-ID: <>
    Cleaning laptop--screen/fingerpad--suggestions??
    .... google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk? search for - lcd clean or
    servisol
    wipes , lots of suppliers. ripped from a previous post ...
    Sep 21 2005, 2:05 am by why? - 7 messages - 6 authors

    Cleaning LCD screen
    .... or so. I use Servisol Engineers Wipes, which were sold locally as
    suitable
    for LCDs (website doesn't list them anymore). To clean ...
    Nov 13 2004, 3:50 am by why? - 12 messages - 7 authors

    May 18 2004, 9:41 pm by why? - 10 messages - 8 authors

    >A relatively inexpensive and repeatable solution would be most
    >preferable.

    To see the full threads and other comments,
    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...oursupport.helpdesk&q=servisol author:why?&qt
    or shorter
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q4DA35B6C

    Not for getting to try searching - lcd screen clean
    from http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?
    for other posts.

    >*KS*

    Me
    why?, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/238.htm#1
    Plato, Jan 5, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > Somehow I've managed to get about forty fingerprint smudges all over
    > my laptop screen. What would you suggest to clean this? I've tried
    > water and a damp cloth but it just smears and ultimately looks
    > worse...
    >
    > A relatively inexpensive and repeatable solution would be most
    > preferable.
    >
    > *KS*

    80 grit sandpaper oughta do the job.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 6, 2006
  6. Fred Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Somehow I've managed to get about forty fingerprint smudges all over my
    >> laptop screen. What would you suggest to clean this? I've tried water
    >> and a damp cloth but it just smears and ultimately looks worse...

    > http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/238.htm#1

    I've been using a spray on household window cleaner with paper towels for
    years on my laptop screen. Does this mean I have to buy a new laptop??

    Fred, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Plato Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > >> Somehow I've managed to get about forty fingerprint smudges all over my
    > >> laptop screen. What would you suggest to clean this? I've tried water
    > >> and a damp cloth but it just smears and ultimately looks worse...

    > > http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/238.htm#1

    > I've been using a spray on household window cleaner with paper towels for
    > years on my laptop screen. Does this mean I have to buy a new laptop??

    Yes. I always say "It's always best to fix what aint broke".
    Plato, Jan 6, 2006
  8. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-05, <> wrote:
    > Somehow I've managed to get about forty fingerprint smudges all over my
    > laptop screen. What would you suggest to clean this? I've tried water
    > and a damp cloth but it just smears and ultimately looks worse...
    >
    > A relatively inexpensive and repeatable solution would be most
    > preferable.
    >
    > *KS*

    I find that one of those 'microfibre' cloths with the soft/course texture
    (look a bit woolly) works very well. Dry, to remove loose dust, then damp
    to shift the more stubborn stuff. Only ever use the very lightest touch -
    be patient, and eventually the marks will go. Do make sure that there is
    no grit in the cloth!

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 6, 2006