    Thanks if you also will advice how to clean other parts of the camera but I
    am mainly interesting about lenses.

    Jul
    Jul, May 16, 2006

  2. Jul

    Eatmorepies Guest

    "Jul" <> wrote in message
    news:Hjaag.5998$...
    > Hi ,
    >
    > My question about cleaning lenses of G5 (I do not that exists big dif with
    > the other cameras, by maybe). Can I / Have to use isopropyl alcohol with
    > cotton swab for it. I read about using cotton cloth to wipe the lens, but
    > can dry cloth or swab clean if exist finger print or small dust ?
    >
    > Thanks if you also will advice how to clean other parts of the camera but
    > am mainly interesting about lenses.
    >
    > Jul

    I have tried lens cleaning fluid - which is generally alcohol, and find it
    can leave a film. I friend who worked for the BBC told me that their
    photographers would breath on the lens and buff it with a cloth or a lens
    tissue. I use breath and a lens tissue on my Canon lenses and it seems to
    work.

    John
    Eatmorepies, May 16, 2006