    pictures obviously, but they are irritating...
    Thanks...
    JR
    John, Aug 18, 2003

  2. John

    Zol. Guest

    To clean the lens(?) turn on your camera and then whilst it is still on
    remove the batteries - this will prevent the lens from returning home. I use
    a lens blower brush for any little specs on the lens or surrounding area and
    a lens pen for any stubbon marks (water marks etc.). As to preventing this
    sort of thing your best bet would be to buy a lens adapter (LA-DC52C) and
    attach a 52mm filter to the front of this and a lens cap(of course) - this
    will do 3 things, the 1st 2 are benifical; 1st it will protect the lens
    mechanism and camera lens from dust,grit and other ugly stuff. 2nd the
    convertor will allow you to use any filter with a 52mm thread
    (Polariser/Neutral Density filters etc.) + the 2.4x teleconverter(Canon) -
    and of course this will be ever so easy to clean compared with the camera
    lens. The last thing to take into consideration when using the lens adapter
    is that you will block part of the `optical` viewfinder (not LCD) & the
    flash will also be obstructed (when in use).

    Any questions relating to this please ask, I have my camera with this setup
    most of the time, removing the adapter tube with the quick-release when I do
    indoor photos with the flash unit.

    regards ... Zol.

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > I seem to have gotten little specks of dust behinf the plastic LCD
    > cover.....anyone know of a way to clean this and ensure it never happens
    > again? ie a tiny bead of silicone or something...? The specs dont affect

    the

    Zol., Aug 18, 2003

  3. John

    Guest

    Re: Re: Cleaning Canon A-60/70 question

    READ THE QUESTION!!!!!!

    "Zol." <Zol.@The_End_of_The_World.com> wrote:

    > To clean the lens(?) turn on your camera and then whilst it is still on
    >remove the batteries - this will prevent the lens from returning home. I use
    >a lens blower brush for any little specs on the lens or surrounding area and
    >a lens pen for any stubbon marks (water marks etc.). As to preventing this
    >sort of thing your best bet would be to buy a lens adapter (LA-DC52C) and
    >attach a 52mm filter to the front of this and a lens cap(of course) - this
    >will do 3 things, the 1st 2 are benifical; 1st it will protect the lens
    >mechanism and camera lens from dust,grit and other ugly stuff. 2nd the
    >convertor will allow you to use any filter with a 52mm thread
    >(Polariser/Neutral Density filters etc.) + the 2.4x teleconverter(Canon) -
    >and of course this will be ever so easy to clean compared with the camera
    >lens. The last thing to take into consideration when using the lens adapter
    >is that you will block part of the `optical` viewfinder (not LCD) & the
    >flash will also be obstructed (when in use).
    >
    >Any questions relating to this please ask, I have my camera with this setup
    >most of the time, removing the adapter tube with the quick-release when I do
    >indoor photos with the flash unit.
    >
    >regards ... Zol.
    >
    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> I seem to have gotten little specks of dust behinf the plastic LCD
    >> cover.....anyone know of a way to clean this and ensure it never happens
    >> again? ie a tiny bead of silicone or something...? The specs dont affect

    >the
    >> pictures obviously, but they are irritating...
    >> Thanks...
    >> JR

    , Aug 18, 2003
  4. John

    Zol. Guest

    Re: Re: Cleaning Canon A-60/70 question

    I did - and that`s why if you look at5 my reply it includes `lens or
    surrounding area`!

    Read the reply completely - before re-acting!

    Zol.

    Zol., Aug 18, 2003
  5. John

    Graham Guest

    "Zol." wrote:
    > I did - and that`s why if you look at5 my reply it includes `lens or
    > surrounding area`!

    > Read the reply completely - before re-acting!

    OK, let's leave your entire reply here and study it carefully:

    > > "Zol." <Zol.@The_End_of_The_World.com> wrote:

    How to clean the lens:

    > > > To clean the lens(?) turn on your camera and then whilst it is
    > > > still on remove the batteries - this will prevent the lens from
    > > > returning home. I use a lens blower brush for any little specs
    > > > on the lens or surrounding area and a lens pen for any stubbon
    > > > marks (water marks etc.).

    Protecting the lens with a filter:

    > > > As to preventing this sort of thing your best bet would be to
    > > > buy a lens adapter (LA-DC52C) and attach a 52mm filter to the
    > > > front of this and a lens cap(of course)

    The benefits of filters:

    > > > - this will do 3 things, the 1st 2 are benifical; 1st it will
    > > > protect the lens mechanism and camera lens from dust,grit and
    > > > other ugly stuff. 2nd the convertor will allow you to use any
    > > > filter with a 52mm thread (Polariser/Neutral Density filters
    > > > etc.) + the 2.4x teleconverter(Canon) - and of course this will
    > > > be ever so easy to clean compared with the camera lens.

    The disadvantages of a filter:

    > > > The last thing to take into consideration when using the lens
    > > > adapter is that you will block part of the `optical` viewfinder

    A passing mention of the LCD:

    > > > (not LCD) & the flash will also be obstructed (when in use).

    And an invitation to ask more questions:

    > > > Any questions relating to this please ask, I have my camera
    > > > with this setup most of the time, removing the adapter tube
    > > > with the quick-release when I do indoor photos with the flash
    > > > unit.
    > > >regards ... Zol.

    Now let's read the question again.

    What is the relevance of the "lens or surrounding area"?

    Would you care to have another try at answering the qeustion which was
    asked, instead of the question for which you had a prepared answer?
    Graham, Aug 19, 2003
  6. John

    GCW Guest

    On 8/19/03 12:57 AM, in article
    jLk0b.229028$B%, "Zol."
    <Zol.@The_End_of_The_World.com> wrote:

    > Appologies - I had made an error - I had speed read the question. It is no
    > reason for the other poster to shout - a simple pointing in the correct
    > direction will do ... Zol.
    >
    > "Graham" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> What is the relevance of the "lens or surrounding area"?
    >>
    >> Would you care to have another try at answering the qeustion which was
    >> asked, instead of the question for which you had a prepared answer?

    > p.s. We all miss these things from time to time (Z)

    I'm with ya, Zol. Geesh...some people get bent out of shape over anything!

    GCW
    GCW, Aug 19, 2003
  7. John

    Graham Guest

    "Zol." wrote:
    > Appologies - I had made an error - I had speed read the question.
    > It is no reason for the other poster to shout - a simple pointing
    > in the correct direction will do ... Zol.

    Whilst capitalising might be construed excessive, I think the hint "read
    the question" was pretty clear, certainly "a simple pointing in the
    correct direction"!

    > p.s. We all miss these things from time to time (Z)

    True, very true. It was a really nice example of why teachers try to
    drum into their students "ALWAYS read the exam question before answering
    it". The simple fact that that advice is near universal tells us
    something about human nature and this type of mistake! :cool:
    Graham, Aug 19, 2003
  8. John

    Guest

    Graham <> wrote:

    >"Zol." wrote:
    >> Appologies - I had made an error - I had speed read the question.
    >> It is no reason for the other poster to shout - a simple pointing
    >> in the correct direction will do ... Zol.

    >Whilst capitalising might be construed excessive, I think the hint "read
    >the question" was pretty clear, certainly "a simple pointing in the
    >correct direction"!
    >
    >> p.s. We all miss these things from time to time (Z)

    >True, very true. It was a really nice example of why teachers try to
    >drum into their students "ALWAYS read the exam question before answering
    >it". The simple fact that that advice is near universal tells us
    >something about human nature and this type of mistake! :cool:

    Well it makes *me* want to shout. Maybe the fact that I was a teacher
    for some years (actually involved in running the public exams!!) has
    some bearing on the matter.

    I don't know how old you all are but I think the soft attitude that you
    mustn't upset youngsters by telling them they are wrong does them no
    favours. Those of us taught 40 or 50 yrs ago are much more robust when
    it comes to being told we are wrong about something. And I think a bit
    of shouting is much more civilized than the modern trend on here to call
    someone a 'fuckwit' all the time. I find that really offensive and
    arrogant.

    Maybe just a quiet little sorry to Zol. I appreciate that everyone here
    gives of their experience to help others, which is why I came along.

    John
    , Aug 20, 2003
  9. John

    Todd Howard Guest

    So as of yet...no one has an answer to this quesion?
    TH

    Todd Howard, Aug 20, 2003