    that are in the registry. I don't have anything top secret on my system,
    but it would be nice to find a utility program that makes cleaning up quick
    and easy. thanks.
    baaab, Apr 22, 2005

  2. baaab

    Paul S Guest

    Re: Clean up my Hard drive before selling it. Clean Registry? whatelse?

    baaab wrote:
    > I backup all my data from my old computer and then deleted from hd. I
    > deleted my cookies, history and bookmarks. What else can I to get rid of my
    > personal info. Is there such a thing as registry cleaner that gets rid of
    > personal info like passwords. There are certain things that autocomplete
    > that are in the registry. I don't have anything top secret on my system,
    > but it would be nice to find a utility program that makes cleaning up quick
    > and easy. thanks.

    There are so many places where personal info is kept, your best bet is a
    complete reinstall.

    --
    See what I am selling (if you have nothing better to do that is!!!):
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Smarter-org-uk
    Paul S, Apr 22, 2005

  3. baaab

    Martik Guest

    Martik, Apr 22, 2005
  4. baaab

    Parko Guest

    baaab wrote:
    > I backup all my data from my old computer and then deleted from hd. I
    > deleted my cookies, history and bookmarks. What else can I to get rid of my
    > personal info. Is there such a thing as registry cleaner that gets rid of
    > personal info like passwords. There are certain things that autocomplete
    > that are in the registry. I don't have anything top secret on my system,
    > but it would be nice to find a utility program that makes cleaning up quick
    > and easy. thanks.

    De-gauss it. Or Eraser, 35 sweeps should do the trick, if you want to
    hang around a while.

    --
    Parko
    It's true. It's true. I saw the de-gauss trick done on a US crime shooo.
    Parko, Apr 23, 2005
  5. baaab

    ProfGene Guest

    Paul S wrote:
    > baaab wrote:
    >
    >> I backup all my data from my old computer and then deleted from hd. I
    >> deleted my cookies, history and bookmarks. What else can I to get rid
    >> of my
    >> personal info. Is there such a thing as registry cleaner that gets
    >> rid of
    >> personal info like passwords. There are certain things that
    >> autocomplete
    >> that are in the registry. I don't have anything top secret on my
    >> system,
    >> but it would be nice to find a utility program that makes cleaning up
    >> quick
    >> and easy. thanks.
    >>

    > There are so many places where personal info is kept, your best bet is a
    > complete reinstall.

    There is a registry cleaner but here should be no passwords in the
    registry. They are in Windows as pwd files which you can safely delete.
    ProfGene, May 9, 2005
  6. baaab

    Demmpa Guest

    ProfGene wrote:
    > Paul S wrote:
    >
    >> baaab wrote:
    >>
    >>> I backup all my data from my old computer and then deleted from hd. I
    >>> deleted my cookies, history and bookmarks. What else can I to get rid
    >>> of my
    >>> personal info. Is there such a thing as registry cleaner that gets
    >>> rid of
    >>> personal info like passwords. There are certain things that
    >>> autocomplete
    >>> that are in the registry. I don't have anything top secret on my
    >>> system,
    >>> but it would be nice to find a utility program that makes cleaning up
    >>> quick
    >>> and easy. thanks.
    >>>

    >> There are so many places where personal info is kept, your best bet is
    >> a complete reinstall.
    >>

    > There is a registry cleaner but here should be no passwords in the
    > registry. They are in Windows as pwd files which you can safely delete.

    Pwd-files is only on win9x/me not in win2k/XP

    --
    /
    Demmpa
    Demmpa, May 10, 2005