    I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my hard
    drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
    clean it up. Any ideas??
    John Davis, Sep 21, 2003

  2. John Davis

    Ionizer Guest

    "John Davis" <> wrote in message
    news:8mfbb.2436$...
    > I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my

    hard
    > drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
    > clean it up. Any ideas??

    Towards the bottom of this page:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ are detailed
    instructions for removal, but they do in part assume that you can run Norton
    to identify the locations of the files associated with the virus. If you
    can't get your AV running, you could try using HouseCall to scan your system
    and spot where the nasty files are located:

    Then, there's this patch which you should ensure you've applied:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp

    Good luck,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Sep 21, 2003

  3. John Davis

    Ionizer Guest

    "John Davis" <> wrote in message
    > I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus, but my

    hard
    > drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus software to
    > clean it up. Any ideas??

    An easier way perhaps, courtesy of alert newsgroup member "why?" Removal
    tools: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html
    Ionizer, Sep 21, 2003
  4. John Davis

    Ben Guest

    Try running an active scan from the web..
    http://www.pandasoftware.com/

    Ben, Sep 21, 2003
  5. John Davis

    Boomer Guest

    Twixer said:

    >Regards Ron...........
    >"John Davis" <> wrote in message
    >> I know theres loads of stuff being posted about this new virus,

    but my
    >hard
    >> drive has been effected. And it wont let me run any antivirus

    software to
    >> clean it up. Any ideas??
    >>

    >begin swentool.zip

    Please DO NOT post binaries to a non-binary group!

    Fix your clock also. You are posting from the future.
    Boomer, Sep 21, 2003
  6. John Davis

    °Mike° Guest

    Online Antivirus scanners: