    THE SHOP AND SAVE MONEY AND LEARN. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN RETIRED 3 YEARS
    AGO. PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTIONS.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

    jiwan singh, Dec 31, 2007

  2. jiwan singh

    Rôgêr Guest

    jiwan singh wrote:
    > MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING VERY SLOW. I DEFRAGED THE HARD
    > DRIVE BUT STILL SLOW. YOU THINK I SHOULD FORMATE THE DRIVE AND RUN RECOVERY
    > DISKS ? WHEN I PUT RECOVERY DISK IN , WILL IT AUTOMATCALLY START INSTALLING
    > ? WHAT WILL BE THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO DO SO? IS THERE A WEB SIGHT FOR
    > DIRECTIONS OR I JUST DO IT BY TRIAL AND ERRORS. THE IDEA IS NOT TO TAKE TO
    > THE SHOP AND SAVE MONEY AND LEARN. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN RETIRED 3 YEARS
    > AGO. PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTIONS.

    That might speed it up, but without knowing exactly why it slowed down
    it's hard to say. Most recovery disks will start automatically if you
    have them in the computer when it is restarted. Good luck, and if you
    have any data such as pictures or financial records on the computer,
    make back ups before starting.

    Rôgêr, Dec 31, 2007

  3. jiwan singh

    Alfred Guest

    On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:14:12 -0800, "jiwan singh"
    <> wrote:

    > MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING VERY SLOW. I DEFRAGED THE HARD
    >DRIVE BUT STILL SLOW. YOU THINK I SHOULD FORMATE THE DRIVE AND RUN RECOVERY
    >DISKS ? WHEN I PUT RECOVERY DISK IN , WILL IT AUTOMATCALLY START INSTALLING
    >? WHAT WILL BE THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO DO SO? IS THERE A WEB SIGHT FOR
    >DIRECTIONS OR I JUST DO IT BY TRIAL AND ERRORS. THE IDEA IS NOT TO TAKE TO
    >THE SHOP AND SAVE MONEY AND LEARN. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN RETIRED 3 YEARS
    >AGO. PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTIONS.
    >
    > HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

    Have you anti virus and anti spyware installed?
    If not go to
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    And take a free check. It might take a few hours but would save a
    complete reinstall if it found any malware.

    Alfred, Dec 31, 2007
  4. "jiwan singh" <> wrote in message
    > MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING VERY SLOW. I DEFRAGED THE HARD
    > DRIVE BUT STILL SLOW. YOU THINK I SHOULD FORMATE THE DRIVE AND RUN
    > RECOVERY DISKS ? WHEN I PUT RECOVERY DISK IN , WILL IT AUTOMATCALLY START
    > INSTALLING ? WHAT WILL BE THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO DO SO? IS THERE A WEB
    > SIGHT FOR DIRECTIONS OR I JUST DO IT BY TRIAL AND ERRORS. THE IDEA IS NOT
    > TO TAKE TO THE SHOP AND SAVE MONEY AND LEARN. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN
    > RETIRED 3 YEARS AGO. PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTIONS.
    >
    > HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

    First direction: Turn off you caps lock button.

    Second: Install/run antivirus software

    Third: Install/run SPYBOT (http://tinyurl.com/hycqb)

    Fourth: Tell us what operating system you have and which computer and CPU
    and speed you have.

    Fifth: Never put your email address in Newsgroups. Expect your spam to
    increase soon. Change your reply to email for newsgroups to some phone
    email address.

    Atlas Shrugged, Dec 31, 2007
  5. jiwan singh wrote:

    > MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING VERY SLOW. I DEFRAGED THE HARD
    > DRIVE BUT STILL SLOW. YOU THINK I SHOULD FORMATE THE DRIVE AND RUN
    > RECOVERY DISKS ? WHEN I PUT RECOVERY DISK IN , WILL IT AUTOMATCALLY START
    > INSTALLING ? WHAT WILL BE THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS TO DO SO? IS THERE A WEB
    > SIGHT FOR DIRECTIONS OR I JUST DO IT BY TRIAL AND ERRORS. THE IDEA IS NOT
    > TO TAKE TO THE SHOP AND SAVE MONEY AND LEARN. I AM A SENIOR CITIZEN
    > RETIRED 3 YEARS AGO. PLEASE SEE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME DIRECTIONS.

    Please don't cry on newsgroups (turn off the capslock). You can select a
    bigger font though, in your newsreader.

    A slow computer can have many causes:
    - the cpu heatsink may be clogged or the fan got stuck, which makes the cpu
    run hot, so it slows down to self-protect.
    - the harddrive can be on it's way out. Other signs include random lockups
    and bluescreens with write errors.
    - your computer can be spyware ridden and trojanized.

    There are many other possible reasons as well, but you have to divide into
    hardware- and software issues before you attempt a repair install or
    recovery.
    Obviously, if it's hardware failing, you are hosed with a recovery - it
    either won't let you install at all, bail out at some point, or at least
    won't gain much speed.
    So first have a look at the innards of your PC (there is no danger opening
    the side cover, unless you miss pulling the mains plug) and carefully watch
    your cpu fan/heatsink. Check if the fan blades are easy to rotate with the
    touch of a finger, or if stuck. Get a can of "compressed air" (actually
    butane gas, so don't smoke whilst working with that) and blow out the dust
    from the fins. Use a vacuum cleaner to suck the case clean, with a soft
    brush attached.

    We cannot tell about the restore procedure from cds or even from a provided
    startup floppy, as long as we don't know the make and model of your PC, and
    the method applied to create recovery images.
    Be prepared to lose all your data on disk, included e-mail addresses,
    personal documents, bookmarks, ISP and mail logon settings.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Dec 31, 2007
  6. jiwan singh

    Plato Guest

    jiwan singh wrote:

    > MY COMPUTER IS RUNNING VERY SLOW. I DEFRAGED THE HARD

    Which is MOST often due to you installing spyware and such and malware.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 2, 2008