    restore disk (to go back to factory settings) be good enough to wipe them
    all out or will some nasties still lurk ?
    Do I need to do a clean re-install of XP to make sure?

    tomm, Feb 17, 2005

  2. tomm

    gcc Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in message
    news:4214b930$0$29394$...
    > If a drive has become infected with viruses & spyware etc recently, will
    > restore disk (to go back to factory settings) be good enough to wipe them
    > all out or will some nasties still lurk ?
    > Do I need to do a clean re-install of XP to make sure?

    A Format will erase EVERYTHING, then do a Clean Install.....

    gcc, Feb 17, 2005

  3. tomm

    JIM Guest

    > A Format will erase EVERYTHING, then do a Clean Install.....

    That's true but you can do it all in one operation, no need for a separte
    formatting. The OS install disk will do it all. HOWEVER, make sure that no
    program that created data files that you will want to save, have saved them
    to the C: drive. I always set up such programs to save data files to another
    partition. Unless your C: drive is too small a clean, formatting install
    will not affect anything but the C: drive.

    Jim

    JIM, Feb 17, 2005
  4. tomm

    James Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in message
    > If a drive has become infected with viruses & spyware etc recently, will
    > restore disk (to go back to factory settings) be good enough to wipe them
    > all out or will some nasties still lurk ?
    > Do I need to do a clean re-install of XP to make sure?

    depends on the virus - much better to delete partitions with FDISK (and
    FDISK /MBR) before formatting. -

    James, Feb 18, 2005
  5. tomm

    Parko Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:54:10 +0000, gcc wrote:

    > A Format will erase EVERYTHING

    No. It just marks the files as being available to be overwritten. In any
    OS.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Feb 18, 2005
  6. tomm

    Parko Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:33:04 +0000, tomm wrote:

    > If a drive has become infected with viruses & spyware etc recently, will a
    > restore disk (to go back to factory settings) be good enough to wipe them
    > all out or will some nasties still lurk ?
    > Do I need to do a clean re-install of XP to make sure?

    To be absolutely certain, yes. Nuke the HD first. Would you put a band aid
    (patch) on an infected wound and hope for the best? Your best option is to
    create a drive image of a fresh install of your OS, with known good
    packages and drivers installed *before* you connect to the Internet

    http://dban.sourceforge.net/

    Parko, Feb 18, 2005
  8. Parko , wrote in message
    :
    > On Fwi, 18 Feb 2005 10:57:15 +0000, S.Heenan wwote:

    > Enough said.

    You know, the term "Enough said" implies of the fucking wanker that wrote it
    that they are totally incapable of spelling out that which they wished they
    could convey in real terms to others, that being the vast populous. Which,
    unfortunately for you, makes you a complete retard and fucking wanker
    poofter.

    Oh, and you will be consigned to the list of retard nominees for the
    impending award ceremony which is currently being drafted.

    <aside> relic, how are you getting on with that COLA award nominee list for
    best X? Add Parko will you, he's just volunteered.

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 18, 2005
  9. tomm

    Parko Guest

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:14:50 -0800, Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:

    > Add Parko will you, he's just volunteered.

    That's just what I was after you sad nong.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    "At least I have a 'coin purse' that works several times a day, regularly"

    Parko, Feb 18, 2005
  10. tomm

    S.Heenan Guest

    Parko wrote:

    > Enough said.

    *Yawn*

    Carry on 7, ermmm, I mean Porko.

    S.Heenan, Feb 18, 2005
  11. Parko , wrote in message
    :
    > On Fwi, 18 Feb 2005 04:14:50 -0800, Kutwoze Scheefgepoepte wwote:
    >
    >> Add Parko will you, he's just volunteered.

    > Dat's just what I was aftew you sad nong.

    So, you're a fuckin' liar as well as a prevaricating ****. But hey, if
    that's what you have to do to have others believe you have anything other
    than a dogs life, who is anyone to stand in your way.

    The only reason you're going on to any fuckin' list you fuckin' retard, is
    not because you think you wanted to, but because it's all you're worth, and
    even that is fuckin' well debatable.

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 18, 2005
  12. Kutloze Scheefgepoepte poked his little head through the XP firewall and said:

    > Indeed. The most obvious feature of a linufuck, is the way they sculk away
    > when they realise what they've done. And that of course is when they've
    > shown where they've fucked up.

    Oh, go back to your poo punching!

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lin=F8nut?=, Feb 18, 2005
  13. tomm

    ad Guest

    In article
    <>,
    nospam@****-off-and-die.com says...
    > Parko, <>, the high voltage, genderless clown, and
    > woman who is employed to suckle the children, nagged:
    >
    > > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:54:10 +0000, gcc wrote:
    > >

    > >> A Format will erase EVERYTHING

    > > No. It just marks the files as being available to be overwritten. In
    > > any OS.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! 24hourfucktard.idiotshop does it again.

    Almost right, formating a drive do not make it unreadable, with the
    right software you can get the information back, so the files are still
    there. Deleting a file do not erase the file, it just marks the space so
    that it can be used again.
    But maybe you are a bit thick and do not know that.

    ad, Feb 18, 2005
  14. tomm

    ad Guest

    In article <83bdc0fae74040028305b625f86c9075
    @comp.graphics.black.amateur>, nospam@****-off-and-die.com says...
    > > All allegedly removed from a Windows partition permanently after a
    > > format.

    > First, you missed out the keyword "quick" as in quick format. Second, you
    > extended your fuckwitted claim to "any OS." So, when was the last time you
    > formatted a VAX or an IBM AS400, fuckchop?

    I am shocked that you know what they are, after all a foul mouth twit
    like you can not be that clever.
    you only know four letter words.

    ad, Feb 18, 2005
  15. tomm

    Damian Guest

    Linønut" <"=?iso-8859-1?Q?lin=F8nut?= wrote:
    > Kutloze Scheefgepoepte poked his little head through the XP firewall
    > and said:
    >
    >> Indeed. The most obvious feature of a linufuck, is the way they
    >> sculk away when they realise what they've done. And that of course
    >> is when they've shown where they've fucked up.

    > Oh, go back to your poo punching!

    ??? He's not a linux luser.

    Damian, Feb 18, 2005
  16. tomm

    Syd Pickett Guest

    ad, <>, the henpecked, droning beetle, and
    sufferer of diseases of the feet & hands, articulated:

    > In article <83bdc0fae74040028305b625f86c9075 @comp.graphics.
    > *spit*black.amateur>, nospam@****-uhf-an'-die. *snort*com says. *spit*..
    >>> All allegedly removed from a Windows partition permanently after a
    >>> format.

    >> First, you missed out the keyword "quick" as in quick format. Second, you
    >> extended your fuckwitted claim to "any OS." So, when was the last time
    >> you formatted a VAX or an IBM AS400, fuckchop?
    >>

    > Ah am shocked that yew know whut thuhy are, after all a foul mouth twit
    > like yew cain't be that clever. KnowwhutImean? yew only know four letter
    > words. *spit*

    Those in glass houses, eh?

    Syd Pickett, Feb 18, 2005
  17. Linønut "=?iso-8859-1?Q?lin=F8nut?="@bone.com, wrote in message
    :
    > Kutloze Scheefgepoepte poked his little head through the XP firewall
    > and said:
    >
    >> Indeed. The most obvious feature of a linufuck, is the way they
    >> sculk away when they realise what they've done. And that of course
    >> is when they've shown where they've fucked up.

    > Oh, go back to your poo punching!

    Expressing your psychological manifested guilt in that way after having
    harboured it for so long, will not remove the memories you have of your
    brother and papa neglecting you.

    You need to bleed those scars you have, otherwise how else are your
    self-conscious emotions going to cope with your shame and
    embarrassment of them wanking you off as a child, when you meet
    them again after so many years?

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 18, 2005
  18. Damian , wrote in message
    :
    > Linønut" <"=?iso-8859-1?Q?lin=F8nut?= wrote:
    >> Kutloze Scheefgepoepte poked his little head through the XP firewall
    >> and said:
    >>
    >>> Indeed. The most obvious feature of a linufuck, is the way they
    >>> sculk away when they realise what they've done. And that of course
    >>> is when they've shown where they've fucked up.

    >> Oh, go back to your poo punching!

    > ??? He's not a linux luser.

    They always blame other for their disgusting traits. Nothing new there then.

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 18, 2005
  19. tomm

    ad Guest

    In article <-up-dowdy-
    hempseed.org>, -ill-formed-dwarf.com says...
    > ad, <>, the henpecked, droning beetle, and
    >> >>

    > > Ah am shocked that yew know whut thuhy are, after all a foul mouth twit
    > > like yew cain't be that clever. KnowwhutImean? yew only know four letter
    > > words. *spit*

    > Those in glass houses, eh?

    IT is not clever chaging someones post, it is downright stupidity. Even
    a four years old knows how to do that.
    You brianless twit.

    ad, Feb 18, 2005
  20. tomm

    ad Guest

    In article <>,
    nospam@****-off-and-die.com says...

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Formatting and deleting files, you snotfucked pillock,
    > are two different things. Ga'rn get fucked, ya fuckwitted, conflating
    > fucksnot.

    I know that, but it seems like you thought that once formated, you can
    not get the files back.
    I see you still got the foul mouth.

    > <aside>
    > I've attracted yet another stalker.

    You not worth the bother,
    You are just a child.
    considering what country you are from, I can understand why, they all
    children over there.

    ad, Feb 18, 2005