    Help please

    >From a clean install WIN ME goes through the recognising hardware and

    Plug & Play stages, then on final restart it never gets beyond 'Verify
    DMI pool data' , going after a minute to a black screen.

    Restarting brings up Safe Mode, - but this can't recognise any
    hardware. Restarting again - and it hangs again.

    I have an AGP video card in. Should I strip that out to eliminatate
    the maxmum of devices? Get Windows running in full mode then add them
    later?

    Thanks
    TJ

    TJ, May 31, 2007

  2. TJ

    Ghostrider Guest

    TJ wrote:

    > Help please
    >
    >>From a clean install WIN ME goes through the recognising hardware and

    > Plug & Play stages, then on final restart it never gets beyond 'Verify
    > DMI pool data' , going after a minute to a black screen.
    >
    > Restarting brings up Safe Mode, - but this can't recognise any
    > hardware. Restarting again - and it hangs again.
    >
    > I have an AGP video card in. Should I strip that out to eliminatate
    > the maxmum of devices? Get Windows running in full mode then add them
    > later?

    Look here:

    The basic issue is that the computer does not know where is the boot
    sector. Any of the solutions mentioned in the link might solve this
    problem.

    Ghostrider, May 31, 2007

  3. TJ

    Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > Help please
    >
    > >From a clean install WIN ME goes through the recognising hardware and

    > Plug & Play stages, then on final restart it never gets beyond 'Verify
    > DMI pool data' , going after a minute to a black screen.
    >
    > Restarting brings up Safe Mode, - but this can't recognise any
    > hardware. Restarting again - and it hangs again.
    >
    > I have an AGP video card in. Should I strip that out to eliminatate
    > the maxmum of devices? Get Windows running in full mode then add them
    > later?

    I had a card that I needed to remove to avoid this when reinstalling.
    It only happened with the one card and when I reinstalled if it was
    left in there the same thing would result every time.

    , Jun 1, 2007
  4. TJ

    Ben Myers Guest

    See if this is helpful.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 1, 2007
  5. TJ

    Guest

    TJ <> wrote:

    >>From a clean install WIN ME goes through the recognising hardware and

    >Plug & Play stages, then on final restart it never gets beyond 'Verify
    >DMI pool data' , going after a minute to a black screen.

    Some BIOS have a reset feature, not to the default settings, but to
    reread the hardware installed. might search around and see if yours is
    able to do this.

    --

    Why Mr. Rogers Was the Best Neighbor Ever
    http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/5943?rss

    , Jun 1, 2007