    have the full version CD (Win98).

    If the above is possible would I be able to partition and format the new
    drive using NTFS during the installation?
    Denma, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Denma

    sittingduck Guest

    Denma wrote:

    > I am going to install a new C Drive in my old system. Is it possible to
    > do a clean install of XP Home using my XP upgrade CD? If so will it have
    > all the features as regular XP home? I upgraded from Win98 and still
    > have the full version CD (Win98).
    >
    > If the above is possible would I be able to partition and format the new
    > drive using NTFS during the installation?

    If you can boot from the cd, you should be able to do it.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    sittingduck, Sep 2, 2007

  3. Denma wrote:
    > I am going to install a new C Drive in my old system. Is it possible to
    > do a clean install of XP Home using my XP upgrade CD? If so will it have
    > all the features as regular XP home? I upgraded from Win98 and still
    > have the full version CD (Win98).
    >
    > If the above is possible would I be able to partition and format the new
    > drive using NTFS during the installation?

    During the install it won't detect that you have a valid OS installed
    for it to upgrade and ask for a disk to prove you own a copy. Pop in the
    Win98 disk.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 2, 2007
  4. Denma

    Denma Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Denma wrote:
    >> I am going to install a new C Drive in my old system. Is it possible
    >> to do a clean install of XP Home using my XP upgrade CD? If so will it
    >> have all the features as regular XP home? I upgraded from Win98 and
    >> still have the full version CD (Win98).
    >>
    >> If the above is possible would I be able to partition and format the
    >> new drive using NTFS during the installation?

    > During the install it won't detect that you have a valid OS installed
    > for it to upgrade and ask for a disk to prove you own a copy. Pop in the
    > Win98 disk.

    So it will then install the full version of XP I take it. Will I also
    be prompted to format/partition my drive. I would like to format it to NTFS
    Denma, Sep 2, 2007
  5. Denma wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Denma wrote:
    >>> I am going to install a new C Drive in my old system. Is it possible
    >>> to do a clean install of XP Home using my XP upgrade CD? If so will
    >>> it have all the features as regular XP home? I upgraded from Win98
    >>> and still have the full version CD (Win98).
    >>>
    >>> If the above is possible would I be able to partition and format the
    >>> new drive using NTFS during the installation?

    >> During the install it won't detect that you have a valid OS installed
    >> for it to upgrade and ask for a disk to prove you own a copy. Pop in
    >> the Win98 disk.

    > So it will then install the full version of XP I take it. Will I also
    > be prompted to format/partition my drive. I would like to format it to
    > NTFS

    You'll have that option. And it'll be the full install of XP.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 2, 2007