    Vista 64 bit disc it says, "Setup can not run on this version of the
    Operating System. To install Windows please try booting from the install
    media." How can I install the 64 bit Vista?
    =?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?=, Apr 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?=

    Jane C Guest

    Make sure that your pc is set to boot from the DVD drive in your BIOS.
    Insert the 64 bit Vista DVD and reboot.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, Apr 3, 2007

  3. Jane is, as always, correct. ;)

    And, just to be clear. Seveal of us here are running Vista 64bit on the
    Ferrari 4000. Works just fine.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 3, 2007
  4. How did you go about doing a clean install of Vista 64 bit to your Ferrari
    4000? Is it correct that the only thing I need to do is set boot from the
    DVD drive in my BIOS, insert the 64 bit Vista DVD and reboot?

    =?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?=, Apr 3, 2007
  5. Yes.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 3, 2007
  6. I found link yesterday on how to configure my labtop to wher it its set to
    boot from the DVD drive but I can't find that article. What is the
    link/number that explains how to boot my dvd drive in my BIOS.

    =?Utf-8?B?a3Juc2FtaWFt?=, Apr 4, 2007
  7. You don't need a number. Reboot your machine. When it starts up, you press
    F2 to get into the BIOS. Go to the boot order section of the BIOS and change
    the boot order to put the DVD drive first. Exit and boot with the Vista DVD
    in the drive.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64