clean energy summit. . . in a fleet of giant SUVs

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by StevieO, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. StevieO

    StevieO Guest

    Harry Reid arrives at clean energy summit. . . in a fleet of giant SUVs
    Clean, Green Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid rolled up to the Clean Energy
    Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada last week. . . in a fleet of giant SUVs.

    The Heartland Institute reports that while the Senate Majority Hypocrite
    "and other high-profile environmental activists blasted carbon-based fuels
    at the Reid-sponsored summit, Reid and other bigwigs were caught on film
    driving to and from the summit in several SUVs."

    "I was absolutely astonished, not to mention appalled, that Harry Reid would
    retain a fleet of gas-guzzling SUVs so that he and a few aides would not
    have to walk the mere 100 yards to address environmental activists," said
    Heartland Institute Senior Fellow James M. Taylor, who took the attached
    photo. "If greenhouse gas emissions are such a problem, you would think Reid
    might have actually made the short stroll through the parking lot, or at
    least retain Priuses rather than large SUVs for the summit," said Taylor.

    Reid's arrogance is routine in Washington where pols ride in Secret
    Service-provided GMC Yukons and Chevy Suburbans while denouncing SUVs as
    wasteful transportation to the peasants.

    From The Detroit News:
    http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/watercooler/index.php?blogid=667#ixzz0zWHye2h5
    StevieO, Sep 14, 2010

  2. StevieO

    Jordon Guest

    Just got to wonder about a blog article with a title of...

    "Harry Reid arrives at clean energy summit. . . in a fleet
    of giant SUVs"

    What, did they cut him into a bunch of pieces and put him in
    multiple vehicles?

    Jordon, Sep 14, 2010