    (confidentiality, trust, access control, replication, integrity,
    etc.) ?

    thinks.
    gradiant82, Apr 2, 2007

  2. gradiant82

    kurt wismer Guest

    gradiant82 wrote:
    > Hy,
    >
    > I work nowadays over security, and i want to know if exist a
    > classification scheme of taxonomy of security concept
    > (confidentiality, trust, access control, replication, integrity,
    > etc.) ?
    >
    > thinks.

    ?? well, there is the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity,
    availability)... there's also the parkerian hexad (confidentiality,
    control, integrity, authenticity, availability, utility)...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_triad
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkerian_hexad

    --
    "it's not the right time to be sober
    now the idiots have taken over
    kurt wismer, Apr 2, 2007

  3. gradiant82

    gradiant82 Guest

    On 2 avr, 13:49, kurt wismer <> wrote:
    > gradiant82 wrote:
    > > Hy,

    > > I work nowadays over security, and i want to know if exist a
    > > classification scheme of taxonomy of security concept
    > > (confidentiality, trust, access control, replication, integrity,
    > > etc.) ?

    > > thinks.

    > ?? well, there is the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity,
    > availability)... there's also the parkerian hexad (confidentiality,
    > control, integrity, authenticity, availability, utility)...
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_triadhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkerian_hexad
    >
    > --
    > "it's not the right time to be sober
    > now the idiots have taken over
    > spreading like a social cancer,
    > is there an answer?"

    I know CIA model and parkerian hexad. indeed, i search a model that
    disposed a differents concept (key concept) related to security domain
    by in relation with primary axis of security domain what are :
    security, privacy and dependability.

    For example : where can i classify the trust concept ? it is
    include in confidentiality concept ? integrity? or both ?
    gradiant82, Apr 2, 2007
  4. gradiant82

    Todd H. Guest

    "gradiant82" <> writes:

    > Hy,
    >
    > I work nowadays over security, and i want to know if exist a
    > classification scheme of taxonomy of security concept
    > (confidentiality, trust, access control, replication, integrity,
    > etc.) ?

    First, I'm going to extend some latitude and take cues from your
    mixing $20, hardly ever used in spoken English like "taxonomy" plus
    the basic preposition errors to suggest that English is not your
    native language. It just reminds me of what a pain in the ass
    English must be to learn.

    At any rate, I think you're asking:

    I now work in security, and I want to know if there is a naming or
    classification scheme for security concepts (confidentiality, trust,
    access control, replication, integrity, etc.)

    It's not a question that makes a great deal of sense however.

    Yes, security does have its own jargon, and there are the CIA concepts
    that others have mentioned, and all the words you mention do exist in
    the security lexicon, but as to whether they fit into a taxonomy per
    se... I think the answer is "no."

    There is no real analog to "kingdom, phylum, class, order, family,
    genus, species" in the security world. 'Least not one I can think of
    right now.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Apr 2, 2007
  5. gradiant82

    gradiant82 Guest

    On 2 avr, 16:41, (Todd H.) wrote:
    > "gradiant82" <> writes:
    > > Hy,

    > > I work nowadays over security, and i want to know if exist a
    > > classification scheme of taxonomy of security concept
    > > (confidentiality, trust, access control, replication, integrity,
    > > etc.) ?

    > First, I'm going to extend some latitude and take cues from your
    > mixing $20, hardly ever used in spoken English like "taxonomy" plus
    > the basic preposition errors to suggest that English is not your
    > native language. It just reminds me of what a pain in the ass
    > English must be to learn.
    >
    > At any rate, I think you're asking:
    >
    > I now work in security, and I want to know if there is a naming or
    > classification scheme for security concepts (confidentiality, trust,
    > access control, replication, integrity, etc.)
    >
    > It's not a question that makes a great deal of sense however.
    >
    > Yes, security does have its own jargon, and there are the CIA concepts
    > that others have mentioned, and all the words you mention do exist in
    > the security lexicon, but as to whether they fit into a taxonomy per
    > se... I think the answer is "no."
    >
    > There is no real analog to "kingdom, phylum, class, order, family,
    > genus, species" in the security world. 'Least not one I can think of
    > right now.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > --
    > Todd H.http://www.toddh.net/

    that is a paradox. for a domain also imortant !!!

    think you in advance.
    gradiant82, Apr 2, 2007
  6. gradiant82

    Todd H. Guest

    "gradiant82" <> writes:

    > that is a paradox. for a domain also imortant !!!

    Huh?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Apr 2, 2007
  7. David H. Lipman, Apr 2, 2007
  8. gradiant82

    kurt wismer Guest

    gradiant82 wrote:
    > On 2 avr, 13:49, kurt wismer <> wrote:
    >> gradiant82 wrote:
    >>> Hy,
    >>> I work nowadays over security, and i want to know if exist a
    >>> classification scheme of taxonomy of security concept
    >>> (confidentiality, trust, access control, replication, integrity,
    >>> etc.) ?
    >>> thinks.

    >> ?? well, there is the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity,
    >> availability)... there's also the parkerian hexad (confidentiality,
    >> control, integrity, authenticity, availability, utility)...
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_triadhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkerian_hexad
    >>
    >> --
    >> "it's not the right time to be sober
    >> now the idiots have taken over
    >> spreading like a social cancer,
    >> is there an answer?"

    > I know CIA model and parkerian hexad. indeed, i search a model that
    > disposed a differents concept (key concept) related to security domain
    > by in relation with primary axis of security domain what are :
    > security, privacy and dependability.
    >
    > For example : where can i classify the trust concept ? it is
    > include in confidentiality concept ? integrity? or both ?

    i'm not sure trust falls into any of them... trust is a nebulous,
    subjective concept that can be applied to all of them equally (ie. i
    trust this will remain confidential, i trust this will remain available,
    etc)...

    kurt wismer, Apr 2, 2007
  9. gradiant82

    gradiant82 Guest

    On 2 avr, 21:49, kurt wismer <> wrote:
    > gradiant82 wrote:
    > >> ?? well, there is the CIA triad (confidentiality, integrity,
    > >> availability)... there's also the parkerian hexad (confidentiality,
    > >> control, integrity, authenticity, availability, utility)...

    > >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_triadhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pa...

    > >> --
    > >> "it's not the right time to be sober
    > >> now the idiots have taken over
    > >> spreading like a social cancer,
    > >> is there an answer?"

    > > I know CIA model and parkerian hexad. indeed, i search a model that
    > > disposed a differents concept (key concept) related to security domain
    > > by in relation with primary axis of security domain what are :
    > > security, privacy and dependability.

    > > For example : where can i classify the trust concept ? it is
    > > include in confidentiality concept ? integrity? or both ?

    > i'm not sure trust falls into any of them... trust is a nebulous,
    > subjective concept that can be applied to all of them equally (ie. i
    > trust this will remain confidential, i trust this will remain available,
    > etc)...
    >
    > --
    > "it's not the right time to be sober
    > now the idiots have taken over
    > spreading like a social cancer,
    > is there an answer?"

    Sorry for my previous message. I wanted to say : It is a paradox, for
    a domain also imorptant as security, to doesn't have a taxonomy,
    classification or even an ontology of the existing concepts.

    according to you, kurt, a trust is a concept too much subjective, and
    can be rediscovered in all other concept of securiy domain. That's
    right?
    gradiant82, Apr 3, 2007
  10. gradiant82

    kurt wismer Guest

    gradiant82 wrote:
    [snip]
    > according to you, kurt, a trust is a concept too much subjective, and
    > can be rediscovered in all other concept of securiy domain. That's
    > right?

    pretty much... trust has more to do with belief than with security... i
    can trust something without having any good reason, even something that
    doesn't deserve my trust at all...

    kurt wismer, Apr 4, 2007