    I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
    asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Gwen Morse

    djeaux Guest

    Gwen Morse wrote:
    > I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
    > class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
    > running scripts only IE runs.
    >
    > He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
    > illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
    >
    > He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
    > any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
    > already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
    > sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
    >
    > I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
    > asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
    >
    > Gwen

    Perhaps this guy was confused about the IEView extension...
    http://ieview.mozdev.org/

    Or maybe he's just confused. A brain enema might help.

    Joe
    --
    "Obviously, I'm not an IBM computer any more than I'm an ashtray."
    - Bob Dylan

    djeaux, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Gwen Morse wrote:
    > I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
    > class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
    > running scripts only IE runs.
    >
    > He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
    > illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
    >
    > He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
    > any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
    > already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
    > sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
    >
    > I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
    > asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
    >
    > Gwen

    I think it would be safe to say that you can disregard anything this
    individual says.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2004
  4. Gwen Morse

    Moz Champion Guest

    Gwen Morse wrote:

    > I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
    > class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
    > running scripts only IE runs.
    >
    > He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
    > illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
    >
    > He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
    > any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
    > already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
    > sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
    >
    > I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
    > asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
    >
    > Gwen

    I think your student should make better choices in whom he chooses to
    listen to. Like his networking security class teacher for a start <g>

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Gwen Morse

    Tony Raven Guest

    Gwen Morse wrote:
    > I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
    > class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
    > running scripts only IE runs.
    >
    > He has since shown himself to be reasonably close to computer
    > illiterate (at least on the level for this class).
    >
    > He won't tell me what the scripts _are_ (he just insists that if I had
    > any investigative skills I would have been able to find them,
    > already). I think I can officially marked this topic 'closed' in the
    > sense that he's shown himself to be talking out of his ass.
    >
    > I just wanted to post this because other members of the group had
    > asked me to update if I heard any more specifics.
    >
    > Gwen

    Perhaps he was confused by the news item that the head of Microsoft
    Security uses Firefox ;-)

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Oct 14, 2004
  6. *** Gwen Morse escribió/wrote (13 Oct 2004 17:06:23 -0700):
    > I reported a couple weeks ago that a student in my networking security
    > class had heard that Firefox was really a front end to IE based on it
    > running scripts only IE runs.

    And, let me guess... the Linux version uses Wine, doesn't it? :)

    --
    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Oct 14, 2004