Class member typedef std::map<> access

Discussion in 'Software' started by MisterStickabee, Jul 14, 2010.

  1. MisterStickabee

    MisterStickabee

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I'm picking up a project that makes extensive use of STL and I'd learning on the fly. Sadly, that's not going nearly as smoothly as I'd have hoped. So, without further ado, here's my situation:

    I've been tasked with creating a class that will encapsulate an existing map and some device flags as follows:

    Code:
    class DeltaPageList
    {

    public:
    typedef std::map<DeltaPanel::CmdViewModes, DeltaPanel::Page *> CmdPageList;

    struct DeltaFlagList
    {
    	bool	m_flagMissionId;
    	bool	m_flagSetTime;
    	bool	m_flagMACAddr;
    };

    Now I am attempting to set the value of the member typedef in the implementation of another function to that of the CmdPageList from said non-member function. Using VS2k10, I'm able to create an instance of the DeltaPageList class, but only the member functions are visible to IntelliSense. So, my question is:

    Is there a different way that I need to access this member typedef? Am I just way off base with this scheme?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    -Stickabee

    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    MisterStickabee, Jul 14, 2010