    and databases with real world examples, as I don't have much real world
    experiences designing those. If you know a book that shows good examples
    based on a scenario, could you let me know?
    TomTom, Oct 7, 2004

  2. TomTom

    UAError Guest

    "TomTom" <> wrote:

    >I am looking for books and web sites that show how I should design classes
    >and databases with real world examples, as I don't have much real world
    >experiences designing those. If you know a book that shows good examples
    >based on a scenario, could you let me know?

    Well, not EXACTLY what you are looking for but it may still
    be of some help

    Patterns:

    Enterprise Solution Patterns Using Microsoft .NET
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/architect...x?pull=/library/en-us/dnpatterns/html/Esp.asp

    Enterprise Solution Patterns Using Microsoft .NET (.pdf
    Download)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8E-ABFC-484F-A076-CF99B3485754&displaylang=en

    Microsoft Patterns and Practices
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/architecture/patterns/default.aspx

    Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
    by Martin Fowler
    560 pages
    Addison-Wesley Pub Co; 1st edition (November 5, 2002)
    ISBN: 0321127420
    http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321127420
    http://www.awprofessional.com/articles/article.asp?p=30661

    Case studies:

    Microsoft Customer Evidence
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/casestudies

    Databases (hopefully someone else can give some more
    relevant recommandations):

    Joe Celko's Data and Databases : Concepts in Practice
    400 pages
    Morgan Kaufmann; 1st edition (July 27, 1999)
    ISBN: 1558604324
    http://books.elsevier.com/us/mk/us/subindex.asp?isbn=1558604324

    Object-Oriented Modeling and Design for Database
    Applications
    by Michael R Blaha, William Premerlani
    484 pages
    Publisher: Prentice Hall; 1st edition (July 17, 1997)
    ISBN: 0131238299
    http://63.240.93.147/title/0131238299

    Simply browse amazon for a while something like
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/ASIN/0201752840
    http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0201752840
    http://www.awprofessional.com/articles/article.asp?p=31832
    may better fit your needs.

    Class or Component Design:

    ..NET Framework General Reference:
    Design Guidelines for Class Library Developers
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ef/html/cpconnetframeworkdesignguidelines.asp

    Programming .NET Components
    by Juval Lowy
    480 pages
    O'Reilly; 1 edition (April 2003)
    ISBN: 0596003471
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pnetcomp/index.html
    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pnetcomp/chapter/index.html

    I found this one a bit too basic:

    C# Class Design Handbook: Coding Effective Classes
    by Richard Conway
    384 pages
    Apress; 1 edition (September 1, 2003)
    ISBN: 1590592573
    UAError, Oct 7, 2004

  3. TomTom

    TomTom Guest

    Thanks again. I just ordered Patterns of Enterprise Application
    Architecture.

    TomTom, Oct 9, 2004