    Does anyone else know about it?

    Jim

    , Jul 2, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
    > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
    > he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
    > Does anyone else know about it?

    Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
    everyone else. Enjoy. :)

    Derek Janssen, Jul 2, 2006

  3. In article <>, Derek
    Janssen <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
    > > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
    > > he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
    > > Does anyone else know about it?

    > Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
    > everyone else. Enjoy. :)

    Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
    for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
    laugh all the way to the bank!!

    God, I hate these suits.

    Heinrich Galland, Jul 2, 2006
  4. Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:15:52 -0500, Heinrich Galland
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, Derek
    >Janssen <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >> > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
    >> > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
    >> > he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
    >> > Does anyone else know about it?

    >> Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
    >> everyone else. Enjoy. :)

    >Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
    >for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
    >laugh all the way to the bank!!
    >
    >God, I hate these suits.

    I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world, and they need
    to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    Jim

    , Jul 2, 2006
  5. Rich Clark Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    > this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    > one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

    If you think that, your world is truly tiny.

    > and they need
    > to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to be
    used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just because a
    few no-lifes are pissed off because they can't get enough discs to copy and
    mail back the same day doesn't say anything about Netflix, just about the
    mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing better to do.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jul 2, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:15:52 -0500, Heinrich Galland
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>, Derek
    >>Janssen <> wrote:

    >>>Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
    >>>everyone else. Enjoy. :)

    >>Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
    >>for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
    >>laugh all the way to the bank!!
    >>
    >>God, I hate these suits.

    > I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    > this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all.

    <snicker!> "Shut down"?... 0_o?
    They settled out of court, and gave you said coupon to shut you up--

    Most said "Thank you, Netflix, may I have another", patted themselves on
    the back for "slaying the giant", and Netflix continued to do business
    as usual, meaning, digging Blockbuster into a bigger hole.

    Derek Janssen [see above reference to "Laughter and ridicule", with our
    poster helpfully volunteering a demonstratory example of why]

    Derek Janssen, Jul 2, 2006
  7. Alpha Guest

    "Rich Clark" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    >> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    >> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

    > If you think that, your world is truly tiny.
    >
    >> and they need
    >> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    > No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to be
    > used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just because
    > a few no-lifes are pissed off because they can't get enough discs to copy
    > and mail back the same day doesn't say anything about Netflix, just about
    > the mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing better to do.
    >
    > RichC

    I am in total agreement. Use Netflix correctly and it is more than a
    bargain.

    Alpha, Jul 2, 2006
  8. skip Guest

    "Rich Clark" <> wrote in

    > <> wrote in message
    >> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    >> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix
    >> is one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

    > If you think that, your world is truly tiny.
    >
    >> and they need
    >> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    > No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to
    > be used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just
    > because a few no-lifes are pissed off because they can't get enough
    > discs to copy and mail back the same day doesn't say anything about
    > Netflix, just about the mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing
    > better to do.
    >
    > RichC

    I rent one movie at a time and donn;t knnow how to copy them I tried netflx
    for 6 months never again

    skip, Jul 2, 2006
  9. jwb Guest

    "Rich Clark" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    >> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    >> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world,

    > If you think that, your world is truly tiny.
    >
    >> and they need
    >> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    > No thanks. Like most people who use Netflix the way it was designed to be
    > used, I find extremely useful, valuable, and cost-effective. Just because
    > a few no-lifes are pissed off because they can't get enough discs to copy
    > and mail back the same day doesn't say anything about Netflix, just about
    > the mom's-basement-dwellers who have nothing better to do.

    well said.

    jwb, Jul 2, 2006
  10. Tarkus Guest

    On 7/1/2006 11:08:35 PM, wrote:

    > I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    > this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    > one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world, and they need
    > to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    And if that doesn't work, you could just not use them.
    --
    "You're a monster, Zorg."

    Now playing: "The Cardigans - Iron Man"

    Tarkus, Jul 2, 2006
  11. gunner Guest

    What are the other nine most crooked businesses and what did they do to piss
    you off.

    Gunner

    gunner, Jul 2, 2006
  12. Bob Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:38:10 GMT, Tarkus <>
    wrote:

    >> I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    >> this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    >> one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world, and they need
    >> to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    >And if that doesn't work, you could just not use them.

    If you think NF is bad, try BB.

    The problems with NF must be regional. They were doing alright and
    then they inherited the entire subscriber base from WalMart about 1
    year ago. That's about the time problems occurred - e.g., throttling
    which very well could have been shortages caused by drastically
    increased demand.

    I subscribe only for 1 month at a time because that way I do not get
    profiled as a heavy user. NF's stated policy is to give light users
    preference on new issues, which I think sucks big time. So I unsub for
    a while to retain my light user status. I managed to get 25 discs out
    of them in the 30 day period I was a subscriber - and that was using
    my mailbox as the return.

    --

    Stop Repeat Offenders!
    Don't Re-elect Them!

    Bob, Jul 2, 2006
  13. Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 01:08:35 -0500, Gave us:

    >On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:15:52 -0500, Heinrich Galland
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, Derek
    >>Janssen <> wrote:

    >>> Yep--You get a coupon from the company, and laughter and ridicule from
    >>> everyone else. Enjoy. :)

    >>Yes, the lawyers generally get, oh say....$50,000,000 and the people
    >>for whom the suit is brought get, as you said, a coupon and the lawyers
    >>laugh all the way to the bank!!
    >>
    >>God, I hate these suits.

    >I really dont care if I get nothing at all. I just want to shut down
    >this fraudulant scum hole ripoff company once and for all. Netflix is
    >one of the top 10 most crooked businesses in the world, and they need
    >to be exterminated and burn in hell.

    You left out AOL, and nearly every California Property Management
    company in existence.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jul 2, 2006
  14. RMK Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 19:52:22 -0500, jimschoonover wrote:

    > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
    > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if he
    > can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this. Does
    > anyone else know about it?
    >
    > Jim

    You should get in on it. The Civil Lawyers in this country are underpaid
    and barely getting by. The three or four mill that each one will get will
    help.

    Of course, if "we" win, we will get an official form letter and an offer
    to subscribe to netflix for 6 months at a discount.

    I assume that you were born yesterday (or not long before).

    RMK

    RMK, Jul 2, 2006
  15. unisellers Guest

    wrote:
    > I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
    > class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
    > he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
    > Does anyone else know about it?
    >
    > Jim

    I do agree that Netflix should not advertise "unlimited" rentals and
    then "throttle", but they still offer the best online rental service.

    I wouldn't expect Netflix or any other company to advertise their
    weaknesses. Just as eBay doesn't advertise that some of their
    buyers get ripped off, Netflix is not going to advertise that they
    don't carrry enough copies of new releases to meet the demand
    from their customers.

    --
    Buy Sell - DVDs CDs
    http://groups.msn.com/unisellers

    unisellers, Jul 3, 2006
  16. Phisherman Guest

    On 2 Jul 2006 16:03:07 -0700, "unisellers" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I just got an email from a friend who said he read in the news about a
    >> class action lawsuit against Netflix. He will get me the details if
    >> he can find the article again. I definately want to get in on this.
    >> Does anyone else know about it?
    >>
    >> Jim

    >I do agree that Netflix should not advertise "unlimited" rentals and
    >then "throttle", but they still offer the best online rental service.
    >
    >I wouldn't expect Netflix or any other company to advertise their
    >weaknesses. Just as eBay doesn't advertise that some of their
    >buyers get ripped off, Netflix is not going to advertise that they
    >don't carrry enough copies of new releases to meet the demand
    >from their customers.

    In general I like Netflix service. Their website, queue controls,
    waiting status for certain DVDs, convenience are things I like.
    Sometimes it can take several days, maybe 5 or 6 days, longer with
    holiday weekends to get your DVDs. I dislike the way Netflix says "in
    about one day."

    Phisherman, Jul 3, 2006
  17. Bob Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:07:15 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:

    >In general I like Netflix service. Their website, queue controls,
    >waiting status for certain DVDs, convenience are things I like.
    >Sometimes it can take several days, maybe 5 or 6 days, longer with
    >holiday weekends to get your DVDs. I dislike the way Netflix says "in
    >about one day."

    NF has a written policy that if someone is a "heavy user", they are
    assigned low priority when it comes to new releases. That's total
    bullshit.

    I just unsubscribe for a month and my priority goes back up. When I
    resubscribe the DVDs I was denied earlier are now all of a sudden
    immediately available.

    I got the idea to do that from a customer support representative who
    explained the whole bloody thing to me. She suggested I slow down in
    order to get a higher priority. I told her that I would not spend $20
    to slow down. Then it dawned on me to unsubscribe which cost me
    nothing and accomplished the same thing.

    --

    Stop Repeat Offenders!
    Don't Re-elect Them!

    Bob, Jul 3, 2006
  18. jwb Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 01:07:15 GMT, Phisherman <> wrote:
    >
    >>In general I like Netflix service. Their website, queue controls,
    >>waiting status for certain DVDs, convenience are things I like.
    >>Sometimes it can take several days, maybe 5 or 6 days, longer with
    >>holiday weekends to get your DVDs. I dislike the way Netflix says "in
    >>about one day."

    > NF has a written policy that if someone is a "heavy user", they are
    > assigned low priority when it comes to new releases. That's total
    > bullshit.
    >
    > I just unsubscribe for a month and my priority goes back up. When I
    > resubscribe the DVDs I was denied earlier are now all of a sudden
    > immediately available.
    >
    > I got the idea to do that from a customer support representative who
    > explained the whole bloody thing to me. She suggested I slow down in
    > order to get a higher priority. I told her that I would not spend $20
    > to slow down. Then it dawned on me to unsubscribe which cost me
    > nothing and accomplished the same thing.

    To each their own, but I don't have a problem with spending the $20 and
    using the service (and this is key) they way they reasonably intended it to
    be used. You have to admit that you really aren't using it in the spirit
    they intended it. Which is your right, of course.

    If you're looking for 20-25 rentals for your $20, yea, you probably will get
    angry with Netflix. But if you get your three movies, watch them over (say)
    five to seven days, send them back, etc, you'll never have a problem with
    them. But if you want a movie a day, yea, you'll get slowed down (and,
    rightfully so, in my opinion)

    jwb, Jul 3, 2006
  19. Bob Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:05:54 GMT, "jwb" <> wrote:

    >To each their own, but I don't have a problem with spending the $20 and
    >using the service (and this is key) they way they reasonably intended it to
    >be used. You have to admit that you really aren't using it in the spirit
    >they intended it.

    I do not have to admit any such thing. I got three DVDs and we watched
    them over a period of 24 hours. We're retired and live alone so we can
    do what we want with our time. Then I put them in the mailbox for the
    postal carrier to pick them up. In principle I got 3 discs twice a
    week, 3 on Wednesday and 3 on Saturday. That would have worked out to
    27 on the basis of a 30 day month. But they shorted me a couple along
    the way so the best I could do was 25 for that period.

    >If you're looking for 20-25 rentals for your $20, yea, you probably will get
    >angry with Netflix.

    You do not know what you are talking about.

    >But if you get your three movies, watch them over (say)
    >five to seven days, send them back, etc, you'll never have a problem with
    >them.

    I do not need any five to seven days to watch 3 movies. We watch one
    in the afternoon as soon as the discs arrive. Then we watch a second
    later that night. Then we watch the third the next morning. That gives
    us ample time to get the discs in the mailbox for pickup.

    >But if you want a movie a day, yea, you'll get slowed down (and,
    >rightfully so, in my opinion)

    Your opinion is irrelevant. I watch movies the way I want to, not the
    way you tell me I have to.

    And I do not get slowed down appreciably. My complaint is that I am
    put on the blacklist for new releases. But no big deal - after a solid
    month of movies we need a break so I unsubscribe for a month or two.

    Then when I resubscribe the previously backlogged movies in my queue
    are miraculously now available.

    --

    Stop Repeat Offenders!
    Don't Re-elect Them!

    Bob, Jul 3, 2006
  20. Tarkus Guest

    On 7/3/2006 9:58:15 AM, Bob wrote:

    > I do not have to admit any such thing. I got three DVDs and we watched
    > them over a period of 24 hours. We're retired and live alone so we can
    > do what we want with our time. Then I put them in the mailbox for the
    > postal carrier to pick them up. In principle I got 3 discs twice a
    > week, 3 on Wednesday and 3 on Saturday. That would have worked out to
    > 27 on the basis of a 30 day month. But they shorted me a couple along
    > the way so the best I could do was 25 for that period.

    Do you really think any company can stay in business delivering 27
    DVDs/month for $20, including shipping in both directions?
    --
    "I was thinkin' I could use me another couple cans'o that potted meat
    if ya got any extree."

    Now playing: "The Mars Volta - Asilos Magdalena"

    Tarkus, Jul 3, 2006