    Which linux does Clark use ?

    fr gr
    Erik
    Erik, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Erik

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:07:16 +0100, Erik <> wrote:

    >Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
    >Is it good form management and security ?
    >
    >I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
    >
    >Which linux does Clark use ?
    >

    >fr gr
    >Erik

    I ran it for a day and it looked promising, but I'm not a
    linux person. It had plenty of features and was friendly
    - not on the server but on the remote console BTW.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Dec 4, 2004

  3. <Erik> wrote in message news:...
    > Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
    > Is it good form management and security ?
    >
    > I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
    >
    > Which linux does Clark use ?

    The version I used was based on (then current) Red Hat.

    Used it happily for a while, but came to grief trying to persuade it to
    handle an FTP server that I needed temporarily. It was replaced in.. uhh..
    maybe 2001 with a Netgear/Zyxel router.

    It's quite a nice SoHo solution, for people who don't want to get their
    hands dirty. Under the bonnet ["hood"] it's pure RH, the main difference
    being that updates actually.. update.

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Erik

    Erik Guest

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:09:03 GMT, "Hairy One Kenobi"
    <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

    ><Erik> wrote in message news:...
    >> Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
    >> Is it good form management and security ?
    >>
    >> I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
    >>
    >> Which linux does Clark use ?

    >The version I used was based on (then current) Red Hat.
    >
    >Used it happily for a while, but came to grief trying to persuade it to
    >handle an FTP server that I needed temporarily. It was replaced in.. uhh..
    >maybe 2001 with a Netgear/Zyxel router.
    >
    >It's quite a nice SoHo solution, for people who don't want to get their
    >hands dirty. Under the bonnet ["hood"] it's pure RH, the main difference
    >being that updates actually.. update.

    Thank you both for your reply.

    I was thinking, since it is pure RH Linux:
    What CC does, is it just setting the config files for Apache, samba,
    postfix etc. ?
    And could I use those config files to learn how to set my current
    server config files ?
    Since I now have a well running IPtables, Apache, Samba, but postfix
    gives me trouble...

    fr gr
    Erik
    Erik, Dec 6, 2004

    > >> Anyone has hands-on experience with Clarkconnect ?
    > >> Is it good form management and security ?
    > >>
    > >> I now do it all by hand on a Linux 2.7 and a Fedora 2 machine.
    > >>
    > >> Which linux does Clark use ?

    > >The version I used was based on (then current) Red Hat.
    > >
    > >Used it happily for a while, but came to grief trying to persuade it to
    > >handle an FTP server that I needed temporarily. It was replaced in..

    uhh..
    > >maybe 2001 with a Netgear/Zyxel router.
    > >
    > >It's quite a nice SoHo solution, for people who don't want to get their
    > >hands dirty. Under the bonnet ["hood"] it's pure RH, the main difference
    > >being that updates actually.. update.

    > Thank you both for your reply.
    >
    > I was thinking, since it is pure RH Linux:
    > What CC does, is it just setting the config files for Apache, samba,
    > postfix etc. ?
    > And could I use those config files to learn how to set my current
    > server config files ?
    > Since I now have a well running IPtables, Apache, Samba, but postfix
    > gives me trouble...

    I would think so. The integration's quite nice - SAMBA for updating the
    website, etc. You might even find that you can copy the HTML GUI to your
    existing box and get it working..

    HTH

    H1K
    Hairy One Kenobi, Dec 7, 2004