Clark Connect Home v3.2

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    My mail server crashed last night.....

    So today I grabbed one my moribund dusty PCs and built a new one.

    Instead of basic Debian Linux (as last time), I downloaded and installed
    "Clark Connect Home v3.2."

    It's a Linux distro designed to be a variety of servers - and Internet
    gateway as well. You can use it as firewall and servers or just for the
    servers.

    I have just installed it for the first time tonight.

    The install went flawlessly. It detected everything - though the system is
    little more than video/HD/CD/eth0.

    ...and I now have:

    - my mail (smtp/pop3/IMAP)
    - Apache web server
    - webmail access
    - antispam detection
    - web proxy
    - web content filter

    ......all up and running.

    Total install and config time has been about one hour.

    The actual install to first boot took less than 5 minutes.

    That was much appreciated.

    It's free as in beer, too, for home users.

    I'm impressed.
    steve, Nov 9, 2005

  2. steve

    Dave Taylor Guest

    steve <> wrote in news::

    > - my mail (smtp/pop3/IMAP)
    > - Apache web server
    > - webmail access
    > - antispam detection
    > - web proxy
    > - web content filter

    Sounds great but so similar to www.contribs.org
    I guess content filtering is an added feature.
    Have you tried Contribs/sme? Differences etc?

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Nov 10, 2005

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:

    > steve <> wrote in
    >

    >> - my mail (smtp/pop3/IMAP)
    >> - Apache web server
    >> - webmail access
    >> - antispam detection
    >> - web proxy
    >> - web content filter

    > Sounds great but so similar to www.contribs.org
    > I guess content filtering is an added feature.
    > Have you tried Contribs/sme? Differences etc?

    Oh so THIS is the "smee server" a friend of mine was mentioning a wnile
    back.

    I'd heard of it, but haven't seen or used it.
    steve, Nov 10, 2005