    about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.

    --
    He said, "It is finished." Not, "I am finished."

    Sue Doo Nym, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Sue Doo Nym

    Robsten Guest

    Robsten, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Sue Doo Nym

    Sue Doo Nym Guest

    In article <kdzGd.127814$>,
    the amazing Robsten says...
    > Sue Doo Nym skrev:
    > > Have just discovered Clamwin and am giving it a try. How does it compare to the
    > > other freeware anti virus programs does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much
    > > about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.
    > >

    > Maybee, but with windows its Antivir who is the best, and it,s getting
    > better and better.

    I tried Antivir but everytime it updates it updates the whole program. Not an ideal
    situation. Antivir should just be like the rest and make signature files
    --
    He said, "It is finished." Not, "I am finished."

    Sue Doo Nym, Jan 16, 2005
  4. Sue Doo Nym

    Robsten Guest

    Sue Doo Nym skrev:
    > In article <kdzGd.127814$>,
    > the amazing Robsten says...
    >
    >>Sue Doo Nym skrev:
    >>
    >>>Have just discovered Clamwin and am giving it a try. How does it compare to the
    >>>other freeware anti virus programs does anyone know? There doesn't seem to be much
    >>>about it regarding comparisons. I do believe it is very good with Unix users.
    >>>

    >>Maybee, but with windows its Antivir who is the best, and it,s getting
    >>better and better.
    >>

    > I tried Antivir but everytime it updates it updates the whole program. Not an ideal
    > situation. Antivir should just be like the rest and make signature files

    Once a mounth they update the whole program, once a day they update the
    singfile, sometimes they update a dll or the scan enige. If you have a
    fast wire to the net, no problem. Update in the mornings europetime, in
    the evening sometimes it can bee problem.

    --
    Robban Stenkvist
    http://w1.853.comhem.se/~u85329080/

    Robsten, Jan 16, 2005
  5. Sue Doo Nym

    Sue Doo Nym Guest

    In article <wAzGd.14433$>,
    the amazing Robsten says...

    Once a mounth they update the whole program, once a day they update the
    singfile, sometimes they update a dll or the scan enige. If you have a
    fast wire to the net, no problem. Update in the mornings europetime, in
    the evening sometimes it can bee problem.

    I have a dial up which is why it takes longer than broadband. How do you think
    AntiVir compares with the new AVG7?

    Sue Doo Nym, Jan 16, 2005
  6. Sue Doo Nym

    Robsten Guest

    Sue Doo Nym skrev:
    > In article <wAzGd.14433$>,
    > the amazing Robsten says...
    >
    > Once a mounth they update the whole program, once a day they update the
    > singfile, sometimes they update a dll or the scan enige. If you have a
    > fast wire to the net, no problem. Update in the mornings europetime, in
    > the evening sometimes it can bee problem.
    >

    > I have a dial up which is why it takes longer than broadband. How do you think
    > AntiVir compares with the new AVG7?

    I think Antivir is better but with Antivir you should have broadband, if
    you have dial up AVG is a alternative, at least untill you have broadband.

    Robsten, Jan 17, 2005
  7. Sue Doo Nym

    Nick Roberts Guest

    Robsten <> wrote:

    > I think Antivir is better but with Antivir you should have broadband, if
    > you have dial up AVG is a alternative, at least untill you have broadband.

    I recommend AntiVir. (Yes, I have broadband.)

    --
    Nick Roberts

    Nick Roberts, Jan 17, 2005
  8. Sue Doo Nym

    Robsten Guest

    Robsten, Jan 17, 2005
  9. Sue Doo Nym

    Sue Doo Nym Guest

    In article <RqTGd.14517$>,
    the amazing Robsten says...
    > Nick Roberts skrev:
    > > Robsten <> wrote:

    ....but with Antivir you should have broadband.....

    Guess I will stick with AVG for now then. Unfortunately unless the prices
    come down to the same as dial up I will be in this situation for a
    while:)
    --
    He said, "It is finished." Not, "I am finished."

    Sue Doo Nym, Jan 17, 2005